Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I hope someone can offer some help with this. I have a new JX with 20" rims. I have always had Blizzak snow tires on my previous vehicles in the winter. These are not available in the tire size of my summer tires. Are there any decent snow tires that will fit this rim, or do I need to purchase 18" rims and snow tires? Will changing from 20" to 18" cause extra work; i.e; tire pressure sensors, speeedometer, etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone is making a winter tire in the 235/55/20 tire size. I looked at TireRack just now and there's nothing. There are a few options for the 235/65-18 tire size though (including Blizzaks).

You might want to talk with the salesperson that sold you the car and let them know that you're in the market for a set of 18" rims. Maybe they'll get a customer between now and when the snow flies who plans to buy aftermarket rims for their JX and wants to sell the stock rims/tires.

I've always had two sets of wheels for my SUV. One set for winter and one for summer. The only issue on the JX would be the TPMS. You'd either have to get a set of TPMS monitors for the JX and then sync them between the car/wheels each fall/spring when you change wheels, or just ignore the warning in the winter. I just ignore the warning and use wheels that I bought from TireRack as a package with the winter tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts