Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We haven't had much snow this year and can't provide feedback to the group, but looking at the weather across the midwest and east, folks out there have been getting slammed. My question to those out there and in Canada, how has the JX/QX60 performed on the road. Did you need snow tires, chains, stock tires or any other traction device? Also, how has the heating systems performed?

·
Registered
18 Posts
my QX has been pretty good so far but it hasn't snowed much here yet. I have not put snow tires on it yet either - just the Michelin all-seasons it came with from factory so the stopping distance suffers... but its not bad for a FWD bias SUV that is on all-season tires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
had some snow over the last two days - even on all-season it handles pretty well and the AWD / traction control does a good job of keeping the SUV steady. (I have been driving in sport mode :D not in snow mode)

·
Registered
8 Posts
We've had a lot of snow in my area this winter and the truck is acceptable in the snow. Next year I will purchase snow tires for it though as it really doesn't do well on any bit of ice with the all season tires that it came with. It can manage on snow but it's terrible on any bit of icy roads. Since it's my wife's vehicle that hauls the kids around, I'd sooner have a bit more traction and be safer for them. My car with Quattro and snow tires blows away this truck.

Heating system has performed very well. Now issues with this at all. We especially like the heated steering wheel on the -20C days! It gets crazy hot and almost burns your hands. Remote start is very handy as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 AWD JX35 with 20" tires. I am also having trouble on snow and ice. i have always had a 4 wheel drive SUV or pickup, and this is the worst car I have owned for snow and ice. On a snow packed freeway, it feels to me like it is fish tailing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
^ do you have winter tires?? All-seasons are useless on ice and while they might be ok in Snow, they will have nowhere near the stopping power of winter tires..

·
Registered
166 Posts
I changed out the crappy Michelin stock tires at 29k miles as they were worn to the wear bars and replaced them with Bridgestone Dueller 422 Ecopia's and have not had any traction issues in snow. (live in NE WI). Your performance in the snow and ice is determined more by the tires than the drive train. I have a friend who has a rear wheel drive Porsche and has no issues in winter with Blizzak tires....

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard some members who's car has the Michelin tires complain about traction in the snow. From what I've heard, cars delivered to the east coast have the Bridgestone Dueller tires put on as stock. My car was originally designated to a New Hampshire dealership and thats why I have those tires on the west coast. At the time of purchase, all JX cars at my dealership were equipped with Michelin tires. If I drove in the snow all the time or commuted to Seattle, I would buy the Blizzak tires. Heard good things about them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts