Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have had the Jx for about 4 weeks. Noticed there is a foot long slit in the floor carpet under the second row seat (on the driver side). It's not visible unless you look under the seat. I went and looked at other Jx's on dealer's lot and they all had the same slit. Looks like something done at the factory after the the floor carpet was already laid down. The carpet is just stappled down around the slit edges, so it looks very unprofessional and poorly done. When I brought this up with the dealer, they weren't aware of this slit and weren't sure what to do next. I have contacted consumer affairs. They weren't aware of this issue either and said they would contact the retailer/dealer to work directly with me.

Anyone else has this issue with their vehicle?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Pretty sure it is there to allow for routing of an electronics cable that goes to the underside of the 2nd row seat. I just looked in a showroom model, and it is there. If it bugs you, you could cover it with gaffers tape pretty effectively. I'll try to post a picture from my phone.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I think this is what you're talking about:

I fluffed it up to make it more noticeable for that photo. I'd definitely get some gaffer's tape. You'll never notice it again.

photo.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hmmm...poor quality...needs to be hidden better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sinecure, this is exactly what I was referring to. As you can see, it looks pretty bad. Sure, one can put some tape on it, but why should a consumre paying over $50K accept that from a luxury brand? In my opinion, there needs to be a proper fix by Infiniti.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It is hiding under the seat, look at your driver side foot well, you'll be horified!
Now days, cost is everything, out of sight, out of mind, who cares. After all, the JX is just a dressed up Pathfinder with even a worse drivetrain than the P.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I had to tilt the seat up and slide it back in order to take that picture. Normally you won't even see it. It's probably been in every one we've sold and this is the first we're noticing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's for the wiring for second row heating. I guess even if you don't have 2nd row heating...the slits are standard.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There are a lot of things here and there that were swept under the carpet :)
The JX also has an ugly underbelly. Looks like things are falling off.

All these might get cleaned up in the next rev.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts