Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last three vehicles we've purchased from Nissan/Infiniti have Sirius radio systems. Each time we've had the first three months free and each time they have shut the system down prior to us owning the vehicle for three months. The first vehicle we had one hell of a time even getting them to take the vehicle off of what they called a corporate account (dealership) and setting our own account up. Three phone calls and many hours on the phone literally, and they still got things wrong. Recently we purchased a Nissan Rogue, and yep, they shut us off prior to the three month expiration. It took a long conversation with the operator to explain when we purchased the car and when the trial period ended. I think we finally got our new account set up right. Now after owning the JX for a little bit more than one month, they shut it off again yesterday. I'll be making another call tomorrow. I'm sure when the trial period is up and we set up the account, I'll be dealing with another incompetent operatior once more. You cannot talk to anyone in this country either!

After doing some research, I found hundreds of complaints about Sirius XM on the web, and many complaints filed with the Federal Trade Commission and Consumer Affairs. I did send Nissan an e-mail regarding the horrible customer service and just got the canned "thank you for your inquiry. We will be looking into it". That was the last I ever heard from them. There is much more to the story, but thats the short story.

Since many customers who have purchased a wide variety of vehicles that offer Sirius XM Radio, I'm surprised that the auto manufacturers haven't addressed their sub-contractor's horrible customer service. I just wish that we had another company other than Sirius to work with. I love Nav Traffic and I do find Nav Weather to be somewhat useful. I just hate being tide to Sirius.

I'd be curious to hear if any of our members have had any good experiences or negative experience with this company. I do find that the dealerships pretty much do a "Pontius Pilate" with XM and tell the customer to contact Sirius directly to resolve any issues.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Update: Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone with Sirius. They acknowledged we had 3 months of free service on XM, Nav Traffic, Nav Weather and Zagat. After the download the XM worked but nothing else except for "subscription required". Called again today, spent an hour and a half on the phone. It took 6 operators and a small boy to figure it out. Get this. I had to shut off the radio, shut off the car, open both doors, wait one minute, then close the doors, turn on the radio, switch to XM channel 1 and that did the trick. We will be getting 3 more months free then will subscribe. My wife ripped the phone out of my hand and started to scream at the 5th operator before we got someon that knew what he was doing. I think the poor gal from India is still looking up some of the choice words that my wife used. Needless to say, a letter is going out to Infiniti, Sirius and another to Consumer Affairs. Now I know why therearen't suppost to be monopolies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts