Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side mirror used to go down when I put the car in reverse, but it stopped doing that couple of days ago.
Is there like a switch that can trigger this or should I bring it into Infiniti?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
There's a switch that allows you to choose which mirror you are adjusting. If you set that switch to either side (as if you're adjusting a mirror), the mirrors will tilt down when the car is in reverse. If you leave the switch in the middle, the mirrors will not tilt down when you put the car in reverse.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Isn't it the same switch as the mirror adjustment switch? if you keep it left it'll angle the left one down if you leave it right it'll angle the right one down?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sincure - Thanks for the info. I will try that when I get home.

cfrp - Not sure if that's how it works. When my side mirrors tilt down, both the mirrors tilted down (which was actually kinda annoying since I only really need the right side to tilt down)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sincure - Thanks for the info. I will try that when I get home.

cfrp - Not sure if that's how it works. When my side mirrors tilt down, both the mirrors tilted down (which was actually kinda annoying since I only really need the right side to tilt down)
You can adjust your mirrors in the reverse gear for your ideal reverse gear position.
The initial tilt down is a preset angle from your forward gear position. You don't have to stick to the preset angle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can adjust your mirrors in the reverse gear for your ideal reverse gear position.
The initial tilt down is a preset angle from your forward gear position. You don't have to stick to the preset angle.
oh werd?
Im going to try this. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
275 Posts
How do you adjust the angle?
Just adjust your mirrors in the reverse gear and store it with your driver position switch.

Here's the part from the user manual (Look for Step 6)

Procedure for storing the outside
mirror positions for best visibility when
backing up
An outside mirror position for backing up can be
stored for each memory switch (1 and 2):
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Place the ignition in the ON position. (Do not
start the engine.)
3. Push the memory switch 1 or 2 fully for at
least one second to operate the automatic
drive positioner.
4. Turn the outside mirror control switch to L
(Left).
5. Depress the brake pedal.
6. Move the shift selector to R (Reverse).
7. Adjust the mirror to the desired viewing position for backing up by operating the outside mirror control switch.
8. Push the SET switch and, within five seconds, push the memory switch 1 or 2 selected in step 3.
● The indicator light for the pushed memory
switch will come on and stay on for approximately five seconds after pushing the
switch. After the indicator light goes off, the
selected mirror position is stored in the selected memory (1 or 2).
9. Turn the outside mirror control switch to R
(Right). Repeat the above procedure to adjust the right mirror position and store in the
selected memory.
● When the driver’s seat and outside mirrors
are not in the memorized position, the outside mirror will move with the initial tilt-down
angle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So if you don't want the Driver's mirror to tilt down, just set the reverse position to the same as the forward position. That should resolve the issue.

·
Registered
524 Posts
There's a switch that allows you to choose which mirror you are adjusting. If you set that switch to either side (as if you're adjusting a mirror), the mirrors will tilt down when the car is in reverse. If you leave the switch in the middle, the mirrors will not tilt down when you put the car in reverse.
Thank you again for posting this tip. My mirrors started tilting down a few days back and I couldn't remember how to stop this. It also drove me nuts.

I also searched the manual but only found a section that references auto-tilt combined with seat memory positions.

Your tip quickly solved the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts