Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my black with java JX on December 22nd and was updated today that it will not be at my Philly area dealer until late next week at the earliest. The General Manager of the dealership said that JX's have not been shipping out of the port in Elizabeth, NJ since since before Christmas and that is the reason for the delay. Anyone else have similar issues or have any details?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Shipping out of the port? You make it sound like the JX is shipped here on a boat.

A few months back all JX's were back ordered for weeks/months. Many had good experiences with honest dealers, others didn't. Mine sold my JX then tried to play it off like it was delayed. I've been burned too many times by incorrect comments/lies, however you can always shop around if you don't like the service you're getting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I was told is that JX's are taken by train from Tennessee to Elizabeth. But Infiniti cars do arrive by boat at the same port.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I'm having similar problems with two JX's I ordered months ago for clients. Your dealer is not giving you BS. I don't know what the hold up is, but I'm getting pretty peeved about it. I have a very patient client who was promised their JX in early December and it still hasn't arrived. He's being way more patient than I would be.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
When I was shopping for the JX, our dealership was having difficulty getting cars in, and now they have 27 sitting on the lot. Go figure???

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently bought a JX from long island ny and at first they told me my vehicle would be here early or mid January. Now they are telling me the vehicle is delayed at the NJ port and the earliset i will get it is January 25th. Called so many dealers around the area and no one seems to have the vehicle avialable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You may want to try an autobroker. I used one in Miami he searched through the national inventory of dealers and found me one about 300 miles away and had it shipped to my door for $150. He saved me over $3000 more than than my local dealer could and had it to me in 4 days.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got an excellent deal on my JX, delivered to my doorstep from Pfeiffer Infiniti in Grand Rapids, MI. They will deliver quite a distance from their dealership, he said they have brought them as far west as Colorado. Mine was brought to me on a trailer being towed by guess what???? An Infiniti QX56!!!!! Craig Ressell made the transaction a piece of cake!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I hear ya...OC Infiniti did the same to me.

Shipping out of the port? You make it sound like the JX is shipped here on a boat.

A few months back all JX's were back ordered for weeks/months. Many had good experiences with honest dealers, others didn't. Mine sold my JX then tried to play it off like it was delayed. I've been burned too many times by incorrect comments/lies, however you can always shop around if you don't like the service you're getting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Arrrrrrgh!!!!

So I am still waiting for my JX to arrive, with no proactive communication from my dealer. After calling today I was told that it will now only arrive in mid-February due to a parts issue in California (which contradicts their communication that it was sitting on a train in Elizabeth, NJ last week). Anyone have any similar situation or am I just getting the run around? Has anyone had any luck dealing directly with Infiniti USA Customer Issues department?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You could try to call Infiniti directly to track your vehicle but personally I wouldn't complain. If you complain about it coming late and your dealership hears about it from Inifinti you are just going to sour their feelings towards you and they will likely start being d!cks to you.

Is this the first time they have delayed you?

I would wait till their given date and see if your JX arrives then. There is no benefit for them to give you the run around at this point. They might not know how long it'll really take either.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Arrrrrrgh!!!!

So I am still waiting for my JX to arrive, with no proactive communication from my dealer. After calling today I was told that it will now only arrive in mid-February due to a parts issue in California (which contradicts their communication that it was sitting on a train in Elizabeth, NJ last week). Anyone have any similar situation or am I just getting the run around? Has anyone had any luck dealing directly with Infiniti USA Customer Issues department?
Did they offer you, or are you drivingone of their loaners? We were given nice loaners for 9 weeks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Arrrrrrgh!!!!

I was fed the same line yesterday by corporate here in Canada....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We were given a loaner today! Dropping the line that we filed a complaint to corporate helped our situation. They loaned us a new JX with 115 miles to drive until ours arrives.

In addition, I did reach out to someone at Infiniti and they confirmed that they set aggressive production deadlines that they have been unable to keep. This person said that the dealership is most likely correct in that there is a delay in my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
^ Glad to know it worked out for you. Like I said, I don't think your dealership is trying to get you by lying to you. There is likely a reason your vehicle is not here yet when the dealership said it would be. They either don't know when it'll come, or there is a delay. If they knew for sure it was coming I think they would tell you. No reason not to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've owed a JX35 for 3 months now. We're tired of going back and forth to the dealer hoping for fixes to the various problems we have: Navigation, Bluetooth, Airbag, Warning lights, you name it. For details about all what we're suffering, check us on twitter @InfinitiJXLemon. No Lemon law in Canada unfortunately, so we're stuck with a 60 k$ Lemon and Nissan Infiniti doesn't give a sh... about it.

Do yourself a favour: If you still haven't received your car, cancel it before it is too late.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts