Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

picked up a fully loaded black Jx last week.
Traded in our Venza, loving every KM of it.

Im very suprised how smooth the ride is. Same horse power as the Venza but the JX feels like theres more umph in sports mode.
Took it to Whistler on the windy roads, suprised it handled like a sedan. Going to do that again.

Love almost everything about the vehicle except for:

-Requires premium gas?! oh my!
-Anything other than SPORTS mode feels like theres mules pulling the thing.
-Weather strip infront under the hood is double sided taped?! what the! This is not a toyota, come on Infiniti. Its starting to peal off. Got it booked for a service.
-Very disappointed that the LED like crystles around the head lights dont come.

enough with the wining, Hi all. :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi

Im very suprised how smooth the ride is. Same horse power as the Venza but the JX feels like theres more umph in sports mode.
Took it to Whistler on the windy roads, suprised it handled like a sedan. Going to do that again.

-Weather strip infront under the hood is double sided taped?! what the! This is not a toyota, come on Infiniti. Its starting to peal off. Got it booked for a service.

Check out the tape on the lower rear edge of the rear passenger doors. It will be coming off on the inner jam surface.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hmmm wow you guys are finding these things already? Please elaborate if you guys or others find more should post in this thread and change the title to Imperfections. I would like to know all these things before pulling the trigger and ordering one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was getting 14L / 100km for 50/50 highway and city driving, so was getting 360km - 380km per tank on the Venza. Regular driving habits, not lead foot.
On the JX im at 12.5L / 100km, so about 500km - 520km. Ive only driven 1200km on the car. Tank is little bigger on the JX but expecting better mileage.

Needed the xtra seats for the kids.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Venza's are pretty nice, good looking enough that someone could rebadge it as a Lexus and no one will know it was a Toyota. But there's nothing like what Infiniti has to offer, the JX was a great choice, congrats on getting one.

did you get any of the packages added to you JX?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the mrs needed some xtra driving assistance so opted for all the bells and whistles. My excuse for getting all the techy gadgets for the vehicle.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi

How was the transition to from a Venza to a JX? Be honest...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah cursious for that as well the Venza is a much smaller car,but has room and seem more of big sedan than minvan to me..

·
Registered
44 Posts
you could put 87 in it, its will jsut run even slower possibly... lol

well for city driving anything but sports mode should be fine..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been driving with 87 octane this tank, no ping or problems at all. I wont lie transition from Venza to JX takes a little time to adjust to the size. its huge compared to the Venza, especially the front. Thats what the around view is for, honestly cant live without it now. When I dont need the 3rd row seating the storage is huge. We have a big double stroller, 3 large boxes of diapers, 3 boxes of formula and a weeks worth of groceries and theres still room to spare. With the Venza we have the stroller, groceries, large box of diampers and its almost full, mind you the Venza's trunk is very big too. The JX is almost like a minivan but looks and drives way better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
says 91 in the manual. just testing out 87, seems fine to me. there is an octane thread on somewhere here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Going lower than 91 can seriously harm your engine over time, i wouldn't recommend doing that. In the end it could cost you more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
over time buy it doesnt hurt filling up 87 time to time, but sticking to 91 would be best , plus it keeps the motor of a lot of junk as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts