Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, does anybody have try to adjust the side mirror memory when in reverse. i've try and follow the instruction on manual but i couldn't set (it doesn't light-up to confirm the changes on setting). Can someone can help me to set. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
There are instructions in the manual on how to do this. But I've tried them multiple times with no luck. I'm going to ask a technical trainer if he can show me how to do it next time he's here (December 12).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Put the car (gear lever) in reverse and adjust your mirrors?

For small adjustments of the seats the side mirrors does adjustments automatically. You might not notice these.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also tried to adjust the side mirrors today with no luck. I followed the instructions step by step. Like the original poster, I couldn't get the light confirmation of my settings.

BOTH of my side mirrors go down when I put the car in reverse. I only wanted the right side to go down and the left side (driver's side) to remain as is. I could NOT make this happen no matter what I try....

Has anyone been able to do this?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I believe its all or nothing. I usually keep mine in the automatic mode except when backing into the garage. I put the switch in the neutral position for that. I don't think you can move down and the other stay stationary.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've seen the same feature on older Lexus models and the only thing I can figure out is that they believe that most people would want their mirrors pointed down while backing. I actually only like them down in specific backing situations. I like to see what else is lurking above ground level. I do have to admit that having the BCI system on the car makes a huge difference. I can't believe how many times I put the car in reverse and had the sensors go of before I was ready to back up. People just don't pay attention to cars in parking lots. They tend to be too busy looking at their phone and putting themselves in harms way. I'd be curious to see how many people are run over by hybrid vehicles (especially those without back-up sensors). A little bit too quiet for me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My co-worker's neighbor's kid was able to duck down below the surburban and not be run over when the neighbor was backing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts