Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kind of feel foolish with a Premium package and a Garmin Nuvi sitting on my dash, but unfortunately the Infiniti gps system just doesn't do the job for me.

A search for the nearest post office got me police station, Portuguese, and Polish. That's it. Maybe I've been spoiled by Garmin, but I really expected better in the JX. C'mon, no post offices?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Have you tried calling the Garmin Personal Assistant through Garmin Connection and asking them to look up something like that for you and then download it to your Nuvi? No? Why not, your brand new Infiniti JX has that functionality. Why doesn't the Garmin? j/k

Seriously though, if you can't find it, or have trouble finding it in the Places database, just use the Infiniti Connection service to call your Personal Assistant. They'll find it for you and download it to your navigation screen within moments.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advice. I have used the Personal Assistant for what I considered more pressing issues, but it's just frustrating that such a basic type of location as a post office is not in the Infiniti database. To continue on the gps issue, I'm currently on a road trip where I'm running the Garmin side-by-side with the JX system. Obviously the JX has has a superior display and more ease of zooming and navigating on the screen; but as far as audio route guidance, I find myself listening to the Garmin and then asking my dashboard "Why can't you be that specific?"

Don't get me wrong....great car. But I think it deserves a better route guidance system.

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is exactly how I think Infiniti will make their customers hooked on to the Personal Assistant service.
By taking away features that is already there or is easier to implement.
By making sure we can't enter addresses easily from the smartphones.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
By making sure we can't enter addresses easily from the smartphones.
This would be a cool feature. And since the IC is basically a GSM chip in the car, probably doable. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to text an address to your car and have it show up on the screen? I'll bet the IPA/IC connection works like that in some underlying fashion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts