Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just cleaned my Infiniti JX and took out the baby seat. Surprisingly, within a few months, the black leather color seem to have worn where the backing of the car seat was placed. I've never seen that before. You can see the leather turning whitish. The backing of the car seat has a smooth black metal plate which has rubbed against the seat. I'm just not sure if this is normal. Anybody know how to restore the color?

·
Registered
524 Posts
What color is the leather? There are a number of stains you can get from the local auto-parts store. You should also consider taking it to the dealership to see if this is covered under warranty.

I've heard many horror stories of kid seats damaging leather car seats. When buying my baby seats I also bought a protector that sits between the seat and leather (search Amazon.com, lots of options). It's basically a pad to minimize impacts of the kid-seat sharp edges. If you want to go cheap, you can always buy that thin bubble-type padding that goes in your cabinets allowing cups to dry upside down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts