Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very upset and very :mad:. I found a very small chipped off paint on the driver side door of my JX. It is near the door knob. It is very small but deep as I can see the paint primer. There are small scratches below it. It is not that noticeable but visible when you try to inspect the sides of the car. I think it was made by someone who opened his/her car's door next to my car in the mall last night. This is the problem here in Dubai. People don't take care on the parking lot. They don't mind if they will damage the paint of the car next to them while opening their car's door. My worry is it might go bigger when the car is being washed. And I read on the internet that it might be the start of rust.

Does Infiniti put an extra paint in the car so I can cover. Our previous car has the spare paint for this purpose. I check on the tool box but can't find anything. I called my agent but not answering. My JX is black. Please help me guys...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guessing you'll need to get some touch up paint from the dealer.

They actually sell scratch kits here in the U.S. at many auto parts stores for cheap that come w/ clarifying compounds, clear coat, sandpaper for wet sanding, and instructions on how to do it yourself with the touch up paint you have from the dealer. I tape off the area around the chip with painters tape so I only am working on the pieces needing to be addressed. I've used it on my wife's Toyota Camry and it works nicely, can't really tell there was a nick/chip there anymore.

Thankfully I haven't had to do it yet on my JX. I did buy some dent/ding package from the dealer that covers me for a few years but only paintless dent repair. I did it only because after about a month or 2 of having my wife's car, my young daughter whipped open the door on our old Hummer in the garage and dinged it. I nearly had a heart attack. Wife didn't want me to go through the same or worse knowing this car was even more expensive than that one.

Me thinking ahead this time, also put the child door locks on both cars so we have to open them from the outside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, just thought I would say this here. I'm also in Dubai and I picked up my new JX for my wife two weeks ago. I picked the black color as well with the brown leather.
The biggest problem with black paint is any scratch becomes immediately visible to the eye, I tried to talk my wife into picking another color but she insisted on black. If you run your hand along any scratch and feel a a change in texture, then you'll be better off and just get Infiniti to repair it if it's really obvious and annoying you.
For future reference, there is a yellow colored bottle called "Scratch Out" that they even sell in Carrefour (my bottle is 4 years old but I got it from there I believe) and it works amazingly well on light or surface scratches. It even helps hide (maybe like 20% improvement in my eperience) some deeper scratches and it's a very cheap fix, but not in your current case.
Besides that, how are you liking the JX? I haven't seen that many in Dubai...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts