Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice if their S.O.S. Button gets stuck? Ever since my initial Infiniti Connection setup call I have not used the S.O.S Button to call the service. However, one day last week the car randomly called the service three times in the day. I checked the S.O.S. Button and it appears to be stuck. I had the dealer un-stick it but they recommended replacement because if you push it at a certain angle, it will stick again. He said he saw another car with a similar issue but not as bad as mine.

BTW, anyone know how to disconnect/hang-up a call to Infiniti Connection? Because during those random calls I couldn't find a disconnect/hang-up button before the service rep picked up. I didn't want to waste their time and mine by saying, oops sorry.

Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Didn't notice that, have to check.

But I did find out that there is no way to disconnect a call for the Infiniti connenction. My Telematics was not turned on by the dealer when I called the infiniti connection the first time. It could not connect, of course, but it keeped trying even after I restart the car. All other functione were working except for the radio. I have to disconnect the battery to stop the call. After the telematics was turned on, I called the infiniti connection and asked them how to turn off a call, they told me you can't. It can only be turned off from the other end, for safety reasons. This is a design flaw. Or Infiniti is overly confident in their equipment and service.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, Infiniti's operator has to disconnect the call. I learned this by accidently pressing the SOS button during the test drive and the salesperson didn't know what to do. He explained that a customer pressed the button, so the operator had to end the call. Before she hung up, I had asked if there was a way to hang up if I or some kid pressed the button on accident again, and she said no. Good safety mechanism, but bad if your button activates without being pressed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this same problem. Continuously called the whole day. Thought this was strange as I had only used the button one time when I first got the car to test. I had to bring in for service. They were able to unstick the button and had to order and replace the SOS button. Decided to leave car there as they said they would receive new button overnight. Did not get my car back for one week! Was not pleased with my first service experience.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hmmm. So this might be a quality issue with the JX that will have to be fixed next year. I would imagine the stuck button to get very annoying calling Infiniti operators all day. I would imagine the operator won't be very happy either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts