Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Infiniti plans to make/release running boards or side steps for the JX35? if so, when available? If not, anyone know/have an after-market set that complements the JX35 styling?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The JX has been out for a little while now, has anyone heard word of an OEM running board being released by Infiniti? I have a 3 year old and 5 year old, both of them have difficulty getting in and out of the JX.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
There aren't any side steps out for the JX yet but I wonder if you could retrofit another one on. Maybe one from another Infiniti SUV with similar length.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm pretty sure aftermarket parts will start showing up soon...no need to retrofit I think. Geez...even bling grills are already available.

·
Registered
321 Posts
^Search E & G Classic.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Some might not want aftermarket. Infiniti makes side steps. I hope they make one for the JX. Not easy for kids to get into.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Some might not want aftermarket. Infiniti makes side steps. I hope they make one for the JX. Not easy for kids to get into.
Ya I'm not looking for aftermarket, I'm hoping Infiniti does come out with some OEM sidesteps soon.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Do your homework before putting after market running boards on. Infiniti might just come out with them as Nissan starts pumping out the new Pathfinder.

Our 2010 Armada had them and they were good and wide. I did have to watch my step because sometimes while exiting the vehicle I would miss the and hit the ground ackward. We drove the latest QX (loaner) for 7 weeks and it too had running boards. They were narrow and with my size 14 feet, I slipped and hit my shin bone several times.

If you find after market running boards, please post pictures and all the scoop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am also looking for running boards. My parents will be visiting me soon and they will find it really hard to enter the vehicle. Dealer says the running boards won't be out until Dec!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's my temporary solution until Infiniti comes out with running boards...9in folding step stool, $12.99 at bed bath, and beyond.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=14158430

Works great for my grandmother and fits nicely on floor in front of seat. Be sure to get a 9in stool because 12in too high. Well, it was for her at least...
What a coincidence! I ordered the exact same step stool from Amazon last week. My mother in law has been using it and it doesn't look bad.

·
Registered
321 Posts
^that step thing doesn't sound safe though...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts