Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my side mirrors tilt down when in reverse even though the manual says that only the one selected will tilt down. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Also, periodically both the mirrors won't return completely to the fully up position after putting into Drive. But after I turn off the car and then use the memory (via pressing the unlock on the fob), the mirror will return to the correct memorized position. I'm going to have service check this out, but also wondering if anyone else has this issue.

From manual:

Reverse tilt-down feature (if so equipped)
The reverse tilt-down feature will turn the selected outside mirror surface downward to provide better rear visibility close to the vehicle.
When the ignition switch is in the ON position, turn the outside mirror control switch to the left or right position. Only one mirror can be selected at
a time.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Do you want the mirrors to tilt down? This can be disabled by returning the mirror switch to the middle position.

The mirrors should return to their default position, strange..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do want the mirror to tilt down but I think it makes sense that you'd only want one side at a time to tilt down (per the manual). Do both of your mirrors tilt down at the same time or just the one selected?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I looked this up for Quicksilver and was surprised that the mirrors actually can be adjusted separately for reverse operations.

The car needs to be running:

1. Put the car in reverse with your foot on the brake and parking brake set (mirrors will tilt down if the dash setting feature is turned on)
2. Adjust one mirror down, out, etc. then do the other and adjust accordingly.
3. Put the car in park or drive and they will return to the normal re-set position.

Here is the official Infiniti tutorial for the mirrors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCfbG2dU7g&list=PLXVwGnpSSG8JjlES6Bf5s3TWQu5aFKbS7

This is the exact text on the mirror operations from the Quick Start Guide:

REVERSE TILT-DOWN fEATURE (if so equipped)
The reverse tilt-down feature will turn the selected outside mirror surface downward to provide better rear visibility close to the vehicle.
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Move the shift lever to the R (REVERSE) position.
4. Choose the right or left outside mirror by operating the outside mirror control switch 01 .
5. The outside mirror surfaces move downward.
The outside mirror surfaces will return to their original positions when one of the following conditions has occurred:
• The shift lever is moved to any position other than R (REVERSE).
• The outside mirror control switch is set to the center “neutral” position.
• The ignition switch is pushed to the OFF position.
for more information, refer to the “Pre-driving checks and adjustments (section 3)” of your Owner’s Manual.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There is an AWESOME camera shot of your passenger side wheels so you don't get "curb rash" when parallel parking, I LOVE that feature!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Both of my side mirrors tilt down when in reverse even though the manual says that only the one selected will tilt down. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Also, periodically both the mirrors won't return completely to the fully up position after putting into Drive. But after I turn off the car and then use the memory (via pressing the unlock on the fob), the mirror will return to the correct memorized position. I'm going to have service check this out, but also wondering if anyone else has this issue.

From manual:

Reverse tilt-down feature (if so equipped)
When the ignition switch is in the ON position, turn the outside mirror control switch to the left or right position. Only one mirror can be selected at
a time.
I get the same exact problem and will be telling the dealer about it next time that my car is in for service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts