Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Is there a setting that enables the JX to retain power to the stereo when you turn the engine off?

Its a bit annoying when I have to push the start button again after turning the engine off so I can listen to the stereo while waiting for someone.

I know that the power to the sunroof and windows are retained...but can't figure out if there's a setting for the stereo.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just thinking logically here, if there was a setting to retain power to the stereo without pushing the button again, wouldn't you have to push the button at least once to get it to turn off, which from your post I gather is the annoying part for you? So you would have to push the button at least once in either case?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ther retained power for the windows at all only last for a few seconds, and will be conceled after you open the door. THe JX doesn't have the feature to allow for extended play of the radio after engin is truned off.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think there is a trick to it...like hitting the Push Start twice quickly. I know the Venza did that, but I couldnt pin point it...didnt use it enough to bother figuring it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In my antiquated 2012 MDX you could put the key in and turn "one click" to operate the stereo. I really miss this feature in the JX.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In my 2007 G35 S, I am able to go from engine running to accessory power only by pushing the button twice quickly so it goes past the OFF position quickly without the stereo having a chance to power down. I do this all the time when I stop for a little while, like waiting in the gas line at Costco.

Unfortunately, it does NOT work in our JX. Two quick pushes goes to OFF, but the second push does not register. Doing it a little slower goes to OFF and then to ACC power, but the stereo has powered down and needs about 5 secs to power back up again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the response...with all the technology our JX has - this I think is very basic that should have been done by infiniti. Kinda annoying when the wife has to go pick something up quickly and the kids wants to continue watching a movie - the brief interruption sucks. Oh well...hopefully Infiniti/Nissan reads these forums and takes notice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for all the response...with all the technology our JX has - this I think is very basic that should have been done by infiniti. Kinda annoying when the wife has to go pick something up quickly and the kids wants to continue watching a movie - the brief interruption sucks. Oh well...hopefully Infiniti/Nissan reads these forums and takes notice.
But that's the problem, whichever you do it, some people won't be happy.
For BMWs, you push once to have engine off + retained power, and you push the second time for total off..... and guess what? People are complaining that they have to push twice every time to turn everything off! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
2 consecutive pushes to go from engine-on to accessory power works on the JX but not all the time -- seems like the gap between the 2 pushes has to be just right. On my g37x it works all the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
To the OP, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are talking about the radio staying on after you turn vehicle off. I have that on my Dodge Ram pickup, I can take the key out of ignition, and as long as door is not opened, driver door that is, then I can listen to radio for about 10 minutes then it will cut off. We had a Trailblazer a few years back that did that as well. Infiniti/Nissan should be able to do it, especially since the windows work for a bit after ignition is turned off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To the OP, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are talking about the radio staying on after you turn vehicle off. I have that on my Dodge Ram pickup, I can take the key out of ignition, and as long as door is not opened, driver door that is, then I can listen to radio for about 10 minutes then it will cut off. We had a Trailblazer a few years back that did that as well. Infiniti/Nissan should be able to do it, especially since the windows work for a bit after ignition is turned off.
That's correct, radio staying on after turning the vehicle off...I think most cars have this today - my 2008 pilot had it. Unfortunately, as everyone here has eluded, the JX only retains the window and sunroof. For the stereo, we have to push the start button a second time after turning the engine off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts