Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all my previous cars, I would always get OEM wiper blade replacements. Generally, they have been simply relatively inexpensive inserts that I can replace myself. I just brought our JX in for an oil change and asked for the front and rear wiper blades to be replaced as well. I was surprised at the cost of the front replacements (whole assembly needs to be replaced). In the end, they didn't replace the rear blade as I was told the entire arm needs to be replaced, which was surprising to me. Does any one have recommendations for best options for wiper blade replacements (Infiniti or other mfg)? And does any one have any more info about the rear wiper blade replacement?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow, that's not right. You were overcharged
https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/content/manualsandguides/JX/2013/2013-jx35-owner-manual.pdf pg. 8-19. It states that you only need to remove the blade, not the entire arm.
I personally really like my RainX Latitudes, I've also used PIAA, but those are expensive.
Looks like the RainX don't fit according to amazon, so you can try the one below
http://www.amazon.com/Trico-16-260-...r=2013|2013&carId=003&n=15684181&s=automotive
I don't know why the RainX ones don't fit, should be pretty universal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Most aftermarket wiper blade manufacturers only sell the whole blade now and not just the rubber refill. Just get them at your local Nissan/Infiniti dealer. They are around $8 each.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I gave some misinformation in my original post. I looked back at the service invoice and they did in fact only change the wiper inserts (~$13 each) and not the blade assembly. The reason the wiper "replacement" cost so much more than my other cars is that they also charged me labor ($20) to install them (which hasn't ever happened with my other non-Infiniti cars). In the future I will just buy the inserts. I clearly wasn't paying attention to the front wipers, but I do remember what they said about the rear wiper (entire arm needs to be replaced) and that still makes no sense.

·
Registered
209 Posts
To me the rear looks like it can hold a 10" blade. I recently bought one for my wife's mini cooper and it looks the same. I'll check it out when I get home. $20 for putting on wiper blades, oh boy. I buy my blades from Amazon or costco when they have B1G1 events.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm surprised you're replacing the blades so soon. You've only had the vehicle for a few months, since spring at the most. Blades are supposed to at least last a year. In some situations they last for 9 years (like on my last car). The dealership seems to be "pushing" products/services.

FYI, the front blades look to be a different size (right from the left). Make sure you measure before buying a new set.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm surprised you're replacing the blades so soon. You've only had the vehicle for a few months, since spring at the most. Blades are supposed to at least last a year. In some situations they last for 9 years (like on my last car). The dealership seems to be "pushing" products/services.

FYI, the front blades look to be a different size (right from the left). Make sure you measure before buying a new set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I generally replace wiper blades every 6 months for best performance. This last time I ordered them online (infinitipartsusa.com). Front are wiper inserts and the rear is a replacement arm assembly. So far I just replaced the front blades and it was super easy to pull out blade and slide in replacement. I found it easier to remove wiper blade assembly first from wiper arm.

Part numbers in case any are interested in purchasing the genuine Infiniti/Nissan parts:

Front two:
28895-3JA0A
28895-3JA1A

Rear:

28780-3JA0A

1 - 12 of 12 Posts