Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What product do you find works best to get that ugly wax film off the black plastic trim? I've tried different tire dressings which work for a while, but the greyish white film always seems to come back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Which part of the plastic trim? You can start with something like Chemical Guys Citrus Wash as your car wash soap. Then follow up with P21S Total Auto Wash for problem areas. Then if you are still having problems, you could try mixed isopropyl. These approaches should not scratch your paint if you use clean wash mitts.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which part of the plastic trim? You can start with something like Chemical Guys Citrus Wash as your car wash soap. Then follow up with P21S Total Auto Wash for problem areas. Then if you are still having problems, you could try mixed isopropyl. These approaches should not scratch your paint if you use clean wash mitts.
The areas that I got the wax overflow on are on the black trim below the doors. I did use tire dressing which covered them up for a couple weeks and they have returned. I'll have to try your and Sincure's suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts