Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up my JX35 with all the "bells and whistles" (literally in some cases). I haven't spent too much time playing with the theatre package yet but one thing I noticed is that I may have been given the wrong remote control.

Prior to purchasing the JX35, I researched it thoroughly as well as the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. One thing I noticed is that although the theatre systems are almost identical, the manuals for the vehicles show two different types of remote controls with different buttons. You can see what I mean by looking at:
- page 4-118 of the Pathfinder manual at https://owners.nissanusa.com/conten...hfinder/2013/2013-Pathfinder-owner-manual.pdf ; and
- page 4-106 of the JX35 manual at https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/content/manualsandguides/JX/2013/2013-jx35-owner-manual.pdf

When I was test driving a JX35, the dealer showed me the remote for the system and it was the version shown in the Pathfinder manual. I didn't question it then as I wasn't quite ready to purchase and just figured the dealer (who sold both Infiniti and Nissan) happened to grab the wrong one. However, when I finally purchased the JX from another dealer (that only sells Infiniti), I got the same Pathfinder version remote. When I asked the dealer about it, he did not have an answer.

So before I blow this out of proportion with the dealer, I thought I'd check with you good people to see if others have actually received the remote depicted in the JX35 Manual on page 4-106.

I should mention that I am in Canada (so perhaps the remotes issued here are different) and the links to the manuals above are the U.S. versions. However, my hard copy Canadian manual depicts the same JX35 remote as shown in the U.S. manual which is different than the remote I received.

Why this matters of course is that the manual I received tells me I can do certain things by pressing certain buttons on the remote. Of course, by having a different remote that is missing such buttons, I don't see how I can do what the manual says I can do.

Has anyone received a remote for the JX35 theatre package that resembles the one in the JX35 manual above?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Every remote I've seen for a JX is the one pictured in the Pathfinder version of the manuals you linked to. I think the remote in the JX version above may be the one that comes in the '13 QX56, but I'd have to check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts