Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 12,500 miles on our JX and have had three oil changes since we have owned it. Lately, our MPG has dropped off significantly. Up until the last couple of months we were experiencing 17-18 City and 22 Hwy. Now it seems to be 15-16 City and 19 Hwy. It has been quite cold lately and perhaps that contributes to the diminished miles per gallon. We continue to use the same premium fuel since the beginning.

I recall reading a post that attributed someone else's reduced mileage to an oil change -- perhaps after the first -- but for the life of me I cannot find that post. Anyway, I just wondered if others were seeing a drop in mileage the longer they own their JX.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Winter blend of fuel typically reduces the MPG a little. Also, double check your tire PSI, keep it around 36-37, that makes a difference as well.

Also, there is the obvious, if you live where it is snowy and your AWD is kicking in a lot, that will reduce it, or if you are using your remote start to let the vehicle warm up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh - we are remote starting more frequently! Great point. We have had a lot of snow in Utah as well -- I will keep an eye on it as the weather improves and the temps increase. Still curious if anyone remembers the post about the oil change diminishing the MPG.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Winter in general tends to reduce MPG. If there is snow on the ground that makes it worse. Generally after oil changes people notice better mileage. Especially after the first two (break in)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts