Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my JX into the dealer on Monday to have the recall work done. On tuesday they call me and tell me that the recall update has messed up the instrument cluster and they will have to replace the whole instrument cluster to fix it. I get a call back today that infiniti has stopped performing the recall work due to this issue happening on other Jxs too!! Infiniti is now investigating the cause of this issue. The dealer has my JX and can't tell me when they will have it ready for me to pick up!!:mad::mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was going to have the recall work done at 3750 but know I am not sure. Can other members please post up here so we can all benefit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had all of the recalls completed with no issues...

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I had all the recalls done a couple weeks ago and don't have any issues. The distance to empty is much more accurate now.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
What recall work were they doing? We've not had this problem with any of the (dozens) of JX's we've done the updates to.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I had all the recalls done a couple weeks ago and don't have any issues. The distance to empty is much more accurate now.
They re-routed the fuel line into the gas tank and re-calibrated the distance to empty and fuel gage. They also did a software update on the DCA. This was related to an issue a couple members identified when the car first came out. There were issues with the DCA activating on metal bridges with metal roadways causing an abrupt stop.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How can this recall work mess up the instrument panel, doesn't make any sense. Completely unrelated.
I took the JX in to get the recall work done. While they were doing the update the dealer says that it caused the instrument panel to stop working!! That's what the dealer is saying, if they did something else that caused it i don't know!! The dealer says that the recall work caused this issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What recall work were they doing? We've not had this problem with any of the (dozens) of JX's we've done the updates to.
They said there were 3 recalls for my vehicle and while doing the recall work it caused the instrument panel to stop working!! Which particular one, i don't know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Agree...I was told three fixes needed to be done-1 recall and 2 tsb's (I assume tsb is a "recommendation"). He said the instrument lights were incorrectly programmed (tsb). After the fix, I've noticed a problem...the main cluster of instruments do not auto dim at night. I have to manually push the button to decrease the light brightness at night. I called and complained and was told to bring the car back which I plan to do next week.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had my stuff done yesterday, same 3 items others mentioned. Immediately noticed that the RPM's don't surge like they used to, when I engage the intelligent cruise control. That's awesome, and tells us a little about the depth and breadth of software update capabilities. Also noticed (or maybe only imagined?) that even with DCA disengaged, FCW is more active now than it was before...like more sensitive, maybe. Anyway, I haven't noticed any display issues yet. However, I wonder if anyone else has noticed a change in the tone of the beeps that sound when the rear lift gate is opening or closing. I may be crazy, but it now sounds as though the thing that makes that beeping sound is either dying a slow death, or it's getting fluctuating power! Weird. I have to say, I LOVE the service at the Infiniti dealership. Night and day difference in customer experience, compared to my previous vehicles' brands!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,
I had all the recalls done a couple weeks ago, it took the whole week for gasoline odor inside my car to go away. I thought I had a gas leak and wanted to give the dealer a call but it seems ok now. Before the recall was done, the distance to empty was showing 420 miles after I fill up, but now it's showing 364 miles. Can you guy tell me what does your fuel gauge say. I am confused. The average gas mileage on my car is showing 21.5. I assume it is 19.5 gallons times 21.5mpg= 419 miles but it doesn't show that.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mr

Hi all,
I had all the recalls done a couple weeks ago, it took the whole week for gasoline odor inside my car to go away. I thought I had a gas leak and wanted to give the dealer a call but it seems ok now. Before the recall was done, the distance to empty was showing 420 miles after I fill up, but now it's showing 364 miles. Can you guy tell me what does your fuel gauge say. I am confused. The average gas mileage on my car is showing 21.5. I assume it is 19.5 gallons times 21.5mpg= 419 miles but it doesn't show that.
Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
I will be dropping my vehicle off tomorrow morning to get the 3 recalls/TSB done and also add the splash guards; this was also part of my letter; the service tech says that this should only take 2.5 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't run into any of the above issues.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if the recall fixes any Distance to Empty (DTE) issues? On every other fuel fill up my DTE shows just 120 miles. Then goes down to zero with more than 3/4 of the tank being full. Does the recall cover this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if the recall fixes any Distance to Empty (DTE) issues? On every other fuel fill up my DTE shows just 120 miles. Then goes down to zero with more than 3/4 of the tank being full. Does the recall cover this?

Thanks.
That exactly is the recall for. Mine never had this problem, debating whether should do it or not.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've had three fill ups since the recall work was completed and it seems to be much more accurate. I experienced the sudden drop in miles to empty prior.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had the recalls done eventhough we never had any problems. They gave us a QX for a loaner. After the did it they said that the dash display stopped working and had to wait for a new part. Took another couple of days... We got it back and all is well... 8,000 miles without a hiccup so far... My wife loves this thing...

·
Registered
13 Posts
We just picked up our new fully loaded JX yesterday (9/26/12) and ran the VIN#....no recalls reported. This car came to the dealer on 9/25 so maybe they are now correcting all recalls during assembly?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts