Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone's rear button light up on the front console? it looks like there should be a light there and i took it to the dealer and they said its not suppose to light up. it seems a little odd to me. can anyone confirm this for me please

·
Registered
289 Posts
It will light up when the rear AC is on. You can push the button and then auto to turn on the rear AC and control the temperature from the front.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine doesn't do it and are you able to use the touchscreen to do as off and on and dual mode on and off

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found mine odd because the only way to turn the ac off and keep the fan running is to touch the on off button on the screen

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is suppose to light up when you press it.
A. When the press the REAR button to light up, the middle row & third row vents activate.
You can independently set the desired fan speed, temp setting or put in AUTO by pressing
respectively the fan buttons, up/down temp settings on your consule, and AUTO switch.

B. Also when it lits up, the controls of the 2nd & 3rd rows transfer to the front console.
The controls on the 2nd row (located on the bottom of 2nd-row middle aisle vents) deactivate.
If you want the rear passenger to control their settings you have to unlit the REAR button.

C. With the REAR button lit up, you can turn off the 2nd row & 3rd row climate ventilation by turning OFF.

If your REAR button does not light up, I woudl argue that it might be defective.
It should as the button clearly has a slit for an LED.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so my jx has been at the dealer for a week and they ordered some new parts but now they claim they can't get anything to work in the car. this is driving me crazy because its under 300 miles.

·
Registered
196 Posts
so my jx has been at the dealer for a week and they ordered some new parts but now they claim they can't get anything to work in the car. this is driving me crazy because its under 300 miles.
You should research the lemon laws in your state. If they can't get it working properly after so many tries, you might qualify for another JX. Hopefully, it's just a one time deal with that particular car. Mine hasn't had any issues at all for almost 5000 miles now. There's another thread about rattles in the dash, and thankfully, that seems to be limited to certain vehicles as well. I was sort of expecting the build quality to a little below all the previous Infiniti vehicles that were from Japan. That's part of my reasoning to go with a lease that's fully covered by the initial warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts