Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new JX two weeks ago.
When I drive in city (Chicago), I can hear rattle from somewhere, it is not driving on rough road, but I can still hear it.

However, after a 60 miles highway driving, looks like rattle noise gone, even when I drive the same city road.

Is that normal?

I can post a sample noise if I know how to attach a file.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
The noise I'm hearing in my JX is similar but not as loud. You should send this sound bite to Infiniti Customer Relations. I'll share this with our local service department tomorrow when I bring mine in for service. Thanks for posting his.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,
I had the same noise in my JX.
I found what it was.
The plastic cover on the rail guide for the seats second row( . When I touch it or push it slight back in place it stops that noise.
It comes back form time to time but easy fix.See photo one i wjhich I show the cover then pohotoi second how I stop the noise by replacing the plastic vcover.
Will go to dealer for permanent fix.
Hope this help.
DSC03332.jpg DSC03333.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked mine according to chinquo2000's picture, looks like the passenger side plastic cover does have some space to move.
I thought I was hearing (and recording) rattle seems coming from that area. Seems not coming from under dash.

Maybe others can check their JX as well?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like I can still hear those rattle, I was thinking those were gone after some highway driving. But they come back again, with the same noise level.

I do believe I have the same loose plastic cover on the rail guide for the seats second row as mentioned by chinquo2000.
But I am not sure whether it is the root cause?

chinquo2000, are your dealer able to fix this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
@ Qiniz
the car is going for service on Sept 12th. I will ask them to look at the problem and will post afteward.
Have to say that for me it is just a question of fixing permanently the cover as I know this is where it comes from .
When I am driving if I put my hand on it the noise stops right away.
Maybe the rail itself but I doubt.
I will post news after dealer visit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well my car is back form the dealer after a 3 months service done.
They looked at the noise and have fixed it.It is gone.
Was rushing so did not have time to speak to the tech guy.
Form me my guess was the right one.
It was the cover.
good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fo the info. I will ask my dealer to have a permanent fix for this.

Also, just drove another Lexus RX from my parent in law, and noticed the same rattle noise from it, just didn't pay attention to it before. So looks like common for Japanese car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@qiniz
well I wrote too fast yesterday.
It looks like it is not gone but less lound.
Havinbg said that I will call the dealer to see if they really looked at it or just pushed back the plastic cover.
Again as soon as I push it back it stops right away.
I guess I will have to drive the car with the tech guy inside and show him.
Sorry for this news. Wish I could have said it is gone for good.
more to come

1 - 12 of 12 Posts