Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I test drove my JX on Saturday, gave my $1000 deposit and signed my contract. They needed to find the car in the color and specs I wanted. Today I got the info from my sales guy, with the VIN and MSRP--which is $1000 higher than on my contract! A bit of that increase is due to bling that they added on (that I don't want anyway), like cargo package. But the rest of the increase is because it comes from a new batch of vehicles and the base price was increased at the factory, so it's higher on the sticker than when I contracted to buy it 3 days ago. I gave my sales guy an earful about how that is NOT cool, and he's trying to work it out with his general manager. But, has anyone else had this experience? I've never heard of this happening to anyone I know, even with other manufacturers. I am demanding that they sell me the car at the contracted price--if they want to leave the cargo package on there, fine, but I'm not paying for it. And, I want the previous base price. Am I being unreasonable?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Stay the course and stick to your guns -- your expectations are not out of line. They will become anxious to sell you the car -- even at the terms you contracted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I test drove my JX on Saturday, gave my $1000 deposit and signed my contract. They needed to find the car in the color and specs I wanted. Today I got the info from my sales guy, with the VIN and MSRP--which is $1000 higher than on my contract! A bit of that increase is due to bling that they added on (that I don't want anyway), like cargo package. But the rest of the increase is because it comes from a new batch of vehicles and the base price was increased at the factory, so it's higher on the sticker than when I contracted to buy it 3 days ago. I gave my sales guy an earful about how that is NOT cool, and he's trying to work it out with his general manager. But, has anyone else had this experience? I've never heard of this happening to anyone I know, even with other manufacturers. I am demanding that they sell me the car at the contracted price--if they want to leave the cargo package on there, fine, but I'm not paying for it. And, I want the previous base price. Am I being unreasonable?
I would ask for your deposit back.

You'll get the same price quicker than you can say boo.

The salesman's commission on the JX is too much to pass up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It happened to us. We had an agreed upon price based on Edmunds' cost figures plus a fixed amount for the dealer. When it came time for them to place the order, the price had gone up and Infiniti forced orders to add those stupid illuminated kick plates and flaps, and started charging an extra $400 for the wood grained plastic (yes, the "wood" is vinyl maple grain vacuum formed over plastic) over the grey washed paper stuff. All in all, up $1300 over what I was expecting. That really chapped me, and I got my deposit back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd recommend sticking to your guns, but you might also take a look at your contract to see what it says. When we placed an order for a JX, it was a very loose agreement since the lead time was so long. We understood our trade would be re-assessed when the JX arrived and that the value of our trade and the selling price of the JX were subject to change. If any of those terms changed, the dealer was obligated to return our deposit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It happened to us. We had an agreed upon price based on Edmunds' cost figures plus a fixed amount for the dealer. When it came time for them to place the order, the price had gone up and Infiniti forced orders to add those stupid illuminated kick plates and flaps, and started charging an extra $400 for the wood grained plastic (yes, the "wood" is vinyl maple grain vacuum formed over plastic) over the grey washed paper stuff. All in all, up $1300 over what I was expecting. That really chapped me, and I got my deposit back.
Please show me something official stating it's wood grained plastic. I've posted several links to reviews and official documents from Infiniti stating it's real maple. Why continue to spread disinformation? I fully realize we're talking about a thin veneer of maple covering a plastic trim piece covered in lacquer, but to say it's vinyl is just not accurate.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sjyokel, Why don't you show us the official statement that is real maple wood?
I've only seen the words "maple wood accents" being used.
I might have seen (I can't find it now) - real wood with maple accents. This doesn't say real maple wood. So it could be any kind of wood.

It doesn't matter anyway. I like the shade of brown that it is. Goes well with the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what I got last week. Stay the course...

The new 2013 Infiniti JX35 FWD (Liquid Platinum with Wheat Leather) would have these options:
Premium Package
Theater Package
Roof Rails
Wheel Locks
Cargo Package
Stainless Steel Illuminated Kick Plates

$44,158.00 --- discounted purchase price*
$ 599.00 --- dealer fee
$ 6.50 --- Florida tire and battery fee
$ 2,735.81 --- sales tax (Miami-Dade County, Florida)
$ 200.00 --- transfer tag and registration (new tag add $200)
$47,699.31 --- Total OTD price*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts