Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I had all the recalls done a couple weeks ago, Before the recall was done, the distance to empty was showing 420 miles after I fill up, but now it's showing 364 miles. Can you guy tell me what does your fuel gauge say. I am confused. The average gas mileage on my car is showing 21.5. I assume it is 19.5 gallons times 21.5mpg= 419 miles but it doesn't show that.
Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have never gotten near 400 with a full fill up....I also have not had the recalls done and I don't think I want to.
I typically get about 354 after a fill up

·
Registered
10 Posts
My fill up is nowhere near those numbers. I believe it is about 230 miles. This is with the recall completed. How can there be such a vast difference in cars?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After 1 month of recall work done, the distance to empty now is going back to 400 miles from 365 after I fill up 2 days ago. I called the dealer and asked, they explained that it's normal for it to go up and down because it is calculated base on the way I am driving. However I alway got avg of 21.5 on mpg.

·
Registered
289 Posts
After 1 month of recall work done, the distance to empty now is going back to 400 miles from 365 after I fill up 2 days ago. I called the dealer and asked, they explained that it's normal for it to go up and down because it is calculated base on the way I am driving. However I alway got avg of 21.5 on mpg.
For highway driving, yours is normal. For city driving, yours is extremely high and you are lucky. I can only get 19 mpg in city driving, and I'm happy with that.

BTW, I have not done the fuel gage recall yet, the display on mine is always correct.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We just finished a 2,000 mile trip from Washington State to the Mendocino Coast and found the distance to empty and fuel gage to be incredibly accurate. We filled up multiple times and based on whether we were driving on windy coast roads or freeways, each time we filled up, our own estimates matched. We got 24.2 mpg freeway, fully loaded with four passengers pretty much following the speed limits between 55 and 70 mph. I used the manual shift into 6th gear on non-hilly roads (downshifting to 5th and 4th while going up hills and descending). On the windy roads, I used manual shifting the entire time and was really blown away by the solid 20.1 to 22 mpg. I didn't expect that kind of milage or performance on the entended windy and hilly roads. I did use premium fuel on the freeways and mid-grade during the rest of the trip.

I am guessing that even though the owner's manual states the vehicle has a 19.5 gallon fuel tank, It must have a small reserve because I did run my tank to the point where I filled it with 18 gallons and the distance to empty showed 37 miles. I did show 421 miles distance to empty at one time and it was pretty accurate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't count on that. After the recall repair, I still don't trust the service so I alway fill up my gas tank when the gas gauge shows half way. With that it took 11 gallons to fill up, so it's off about 1.5 gallons because the gas tank capacity is 19.5. Since it's not accurate, I recommend not to let it run to the last quarter of the tank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you reset your settings for MPG.. it will show 420 mpg again.... mine showed 12 mpg when i bought the car as it had 50 miles on it when i bought it. I did a rest and it showed 420 mpg....based on my usage now i do not see 420 any more...I get in 380's...getting about 20.6 MPG now...hope this helps!

Hi all,
I had all the recalls done a couple weeks ago, Before the recall was done, the distance to empty was showing 420 miles after I fill up, but now it's showing 364 miles. Can you guy tell me what does your fuel gauge say. I am confused. The average gas mileage on my car is showing 21.5. I assume it is 19.5 gallons times 21.5mpg= 419 miles but it doesn't show that.
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts