Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Haven't been a big poster but have been reading this forum for quite some time. Thanks to all the informative posts here, I finally signed the deal to buy a JX35 yesterday evening. I am taking delivery next saturday.

I have a couple of questions about some charges by the dealer

1) The dealer is charging me $100 for Wheel Lock nuts. He told me they are optional and can take it off. But he recommended taking them. I just found out that the wheel locks have an MSRP of $46 on the infiniti website. Does this include installation charges? If it does I am not sure why they are charging me $100 for it.

2) I am buying the vehicle in NY (though I live in NJ). The dealer is charging me a $75 processing fee. If somebody is buying in NY can you confirm if this is a common practice in NY?

Thanks!

·
Registered
524 Posts
First off, EVERYTHING is negotiable, meaning pricing is not set. If you don't negotiate, you are getting gouged.

1. Sounds like a markup/labor charges. Wheel locks are a preference and depends where you live. I find it strange they charge extra since they came with my M35, but listed as option on the JX. If you do get them, buy them from the parts dept, and either do it yourself (1 lock per wheel, don't have to remove the tire) or have Discount Tire add them during the free tire rotation.

2. No processing fee in TX, but there is a $5 deputy, $150 doc, and $5 electronic filing fee (not including inspection, tax, title, and license). Again, these can be waived.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts