Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get out of the car I typically press "Lock" on the door, then go on my way. About 20% of the time I notice nothing happens after pressing the button. The rest of the time all doors immediately lock.

Does the JX have some sort of delayed-lock feature that under certain circumstances locks all doors after say-30 seconds or am I just not pressing the button right (user error)?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I'm guessing it is either user error, or for some reason either the car isn't registering your "click" of the lock button or it thinks the key is still inside the car. If the key is inside and you press the door button, you should get a fast set of beeps from the car. If you press the lock button and it works properly, you should hear a double chime/beep from the car. When unlocking, you'll hear a single chime when you unlock the driver's door, and a second chime if you press it again to unlock all the doors. If you use the button on the remote to lock/unlock, you get a honk from the horn when you lock.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Sinecure. It's specific to the button on the drivers door, not the remote. And when I'm in the car it'll quickly lock then unlock. The situation in my original post was different, so I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe I wasn't pushing hard enough, etc...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I believe if you're too close to the car, the fob or car won't recognize the fob due to interference. If you're in the car and press the remote, the car should beep and not actually lock as it's a preventative measure. maybe that's what's happening. I normally tap on the door handle button or the one on the trunk.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sometimes if I'm turned away from the car to the right (I keep my key in my right pocket), the car can't "see" the key and won't lock. I guess my body blocks the signal. If I turn back toward the car, it locks just fine.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The range/strength of the remote signal is weak. I think if anything is in the way or if you are more than a step away it doesn't work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The range/strength of the remote signal is weak. I think if anything is in the way or if you are more than a step away it doesn't work.
The manual claims you have to be within 31" of the button to register. That's not very far (my door opening arm is 30" long; don't ask about the other one), so yea if you're turned away or a step away I can easily believe it would not be registered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts