Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new JX35 prem/pkg. it does not have the proximity sensors in the middle of the rear bumper only the corners. Is it possible to add them to the bumper and is the wire harness there to plug into?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When my wife parks it backing up it doesn't seem to cover the middle. I put a chair in the middle and it doesn't beep.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I back up, the screen shows a green to yellow to red color as I get closer to the object and beeps as well. This is right in the middle section where the gate is. I thought this was standard on all models.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It'll detect a wall. The chair might just be small enough and too close to the car so that it doesnt detect it in the middle. But you do have the camera.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I thought it was standard also, if you only have the prem/pkg it only comes with the corner sensors (MOD). On my camera I only have the green lights in the corners none In the middle of the camera.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have 4 sensors on the rear bumper, front only has two (one one each corner).

Was that a typo in your original post or are you really talking about your rear and not front bumper?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had no clue the sonar system that's part of premium package only includes the corner sensors. I would think all four sensors were standard with the rear sonar system. I'm guessing then that the middle sensors are only installed if you get the drivers assistance or tech package with the backup collision intervention. What would be interesting to see is if there is a difference in sonar detection when back up collision intervention is disabled. Are the middle sensors still used if BCI is turned off? I'll see if I can test that out when I get a chance

·
Registered
1 Posts
After two accidents hitting a sign and a storage building while in reverse, I am starting to think my sensors do not function properly. I had a tow package added which alters the bumper so maybe that explains it. The camera is useless when the Florida sun is shining into it or when it is raining (always and always). Getting a new bumper in the near future, may sell the car if I can't get used to driving it. It's great but not good for job sites.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The camera is useless when the Florida sun is shining into it or when it is raining (always and always).
Is the sun in Florida buried in the ground? 'Cause the camera is under a lip above the rear license plate, looking downward, and it can't see the sun unless your car is upside down...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Weird. We have sun here in CA and everyone I know loves the combination of cameras and sensors on the JX. You know you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensors, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts