Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Anyone have any tips or suggestions for covers that can go on the 2nd or third row to protect the seats against denting from child car seats/boosters? I live in an area where temperatures regularly get in the triple digits during the summer (now). I have read some reviews on amazon for some of the seat protectors that they overtime will 'melt' in to the seat, which i DO NOT want to happen. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My cheapest, simplest solution was use a towel (fold it a couple time so that it's thick enough to protect) to lay in between the car seat and the leather surface. It worked perfectly on my last BMW X5 and the towel could be washed and replaced easily. And it's the most cost effective.
Now my kid is on booster seat but i don't find the booster seat would cause as much potential dent/wear to the leather surface.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Towels are great, i opted to go with generic seat covers so it flows better with the interior better. Just go to a local automotive store and pick some up. And if you have messy kids that drops crumbs all over the floor, put a layer of black garbage bags and rubber mats to prolong the life of the carpet. Its easier to clean up as well just pull the mats out and dump and put it back in.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Howdy,

Anyone have any tips or suggestions for covers that can go on the 2nd or third row to protect the seats against denting from child car seats/boosters? I live in an area where temperatures regularly get in the triple digits during the summer (now). I have read some reviews on amazon for some of the seat protectors that they overtime will 'melt' in to the seat, which i DO NOT want to happen. Thanks in advance.
I keep a small thin quilt in my car. I can use it on the seats when needed and lay it over cargo area if loading anything.I also lay one layer on top of the third row seats before putting the seat down to also avoid the seat belt clip marks you will get in the leather when the third row is down,especially with any weight on top. Easy to wash too. Towels will work too for the third row if they are not too bulky so your seat still lays flat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts