Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced an issue with getting your Infiniti Connection to work? After picking up my vehicle for the first time, I tried the connection and the SOS button without luck. I went online and figured out that I needed to register for the service. After doing this, I was able to call the Infiniti Connection service and reach a service tech. She explained that the infiniti service center was not getting the VIN and other data that they normally receive over the air and that I needed to take the vehicle back to the dealer. The dealer picked up my vehicle and gave me a loaner. The next day the dealer had finished with the fix and I exchanged the loaner for my vehicle. Later that day I first tried logging in and again got a message to call the 800 service. I did this and the tech asked me to try the connection in my car. Same problem. The call went through but the other data that makes the service work was not coming through. I was told to take the vehicle back to the dealer... Frustrating! I tried deleting the vehicle from the website and re-entering it but no luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a very similar problem. When I bought my JX the dealer helped me set everything up. I then received an email advising me to press the SOS button to finalize the set up. I had my wife do this on her way to work. After she pressed it the line stuck open for more than 24 hours and the screen kept saying "dialing". On my way to the dealership the next day the call finally went through to infiniti. A lady got on the line and said she could not see any info on my JX or my location. I took it to the dealership and they had no idea what to do. They had my JX for 2 days and then decided to swap out my entire navigation unit. It has worked fine since however now I am having issues with my sirius radio and they cancelled my subscription out of the blue saying that someone else with my radio ID cancelled it. I am not sure what is going on. I am supposed to hear from sirius within the next week or so....frustrating!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I had a very similar problem. When I bought my JX the dealer helped me set everything up. I then received an email advising me to press the SOS button to finalize the set up. I had my wife do this on her way to work. After she pressed it the line stuck open for more than 24 hours and the screen kept saying "dialing". On my way to the dealership the next day the call finally went through to infiniti. A lady got on the line and said she could not see any info on my JX or my location. I took it to the dealership and they had no idea what to do. They had my JX for 2 days and then decided to swap out my entire navigation unit. It has worked fine since however now I am having issues with my sirius radio and they cancelled my subscription out of the blue saying that someone else with my radio ID cancelled it. I am not sure what is going on. I am supposed to hear from sirius within the next week or so....frustrating!
Sirius is a real pain in the neck. I've spent hours on the phone with those overseas operators on three vehicles. They operate on a script and don't deviate so I recommend you speak with a supervisor right off the bat. Insist on getting your three months free service or whatever your dealership offered you. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Setting up Infiniti Connection, and testing it, are something that should be done as part of the delivery of the vehicle. In this context "delivery" means the time the salesperson spends with you showing you how everything works, etc. Setting up Infiniti Connection is a multi-step process and if you miss/skip a step, it probably won't work properly (or at all). The scenario you describe where IC dials the call center and then hangs up the call without connecting is indicative of incomplete online set up. If it can't dial at all, IC may be set up, but the tech who did the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) may have neglected to turn on the TCU as part of the PDI. We had this happen once or twice with early delivery JX's at our dealership until all the techs now now to turn on the TCU. You'll know the TCU is on if it makes a call and/or if you see the icon of a vehicle on the screen with an antenna strength like icon above it. If it shows the vehicle grayed out or crossed out, then the TCU isn't on.

As for setting up IC on-line, keep in mind it is a multi-step process and unless you follow it all the way to the very end, it won't work (call will be made then hung up). First step is to create a log in on the owner portal (www.infiniticonnection.com or https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/). After you set that up you'll need be logged in and choose your JX from the "LIST MY VEHICLES" pull-down. That will drive a screen showing your vehicle and at the bottom there's a button labeled "Infiniti Connection". Pressing that button will bring up a screen with a whole bunch of tabs. You need to fill in all the required info on each tab and then press "NEXT" to get through each tab. Once you've filled out every single required field, at the end you need to check the box that says you agree to the Terms of Service, then choose to Preview the Agreement, then press the final Next button. Do not press Exit/Save until you've previewed the agreement and checked that box or you aren't finished. Once you've done all that, pressing the SOS button, or choosing Infiniti Connection from the INFO menu should get you a connection.

Here's a bit of a run-down of all the required information on the sign-up screens, in case some of you want to show up at the dealership prepared.

First/Last Name, Adress, Cell, Cell Provider, Email, Password (min 8 characters must have a symbol and no part can contain more than a couple letters of your first or last name), 4 digit PIN for IC (to remote lock/unlock the car), Vehicle Nickname (My JX works fine), Full VIN, Current Miles, Anticipated miles/year (optional), Preferred language (spanish/english only options right now), Security Question (pick from Where does your nearest sibling live/what was the color of your first car/In what city did you meet your significant other), Additional Drivers (if any), Emergency contact info with cell phone.

Once more, after putting in all that info, you must Preview the Agreement, then Click NEXT, then agree to the Terms, then click "Enroll Now" before you are all complete.

Your salesperson should know all this and be able to walk you through it. Our dealership is at 98% complete enrollments in IC, but I hear that many dealerships are running at 35% (WTF?).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The issue got resolved by the service center when they deleted my account and allowed me to delete it and recreate it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my new JX today (yay!) and my salesguy set up the Infiniti Connection for me at his desk. He also helped me to make a call from the car, and recommended that I make one test call with the SOS button. Both calls went fine. However, having not received info on the Personal Assistant service, I tried to log on to the Infiniti Connection site to see if I could get some info, and I can't get in! It logged me in, but when I try to click on my vehicle, it takes me back to the login sceen and tells me that my session has timed out. Now it isn't even logging me in. Not sure if maybe it's just their server being down? I will try again tomorrow. If not, then another call to my sales guy LOL

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Stacy,

I suspect it may have been some sort of glitch on the server side. We had very unusual problems yesterday afternoon/evening trying to set up IC for a customer. We thought it was because of internet connection problems at our dealership - which may have contributed to the problem, but after your comments, I'm wondering if there were problems at both ends.

Oh, and you won't find info about IPA in the IC online stuff. Personal Assistant is pretty straightforward - it is a personal concierge service. Anything you imagine a concierge at a high-end hotel doing for you, they can do. Find you a great, family-friendly steak restaurant in Sacramento and make you a reservation? No problem. Who won the Giants game? Sure. Where's the cheapest gas station in the next 30 miles (they know where you are and which direction you're traveling)? Yep, they can do that. And at the end of the call, let them disconnect it and they can download the address to your navigation screen (and/or text it to your cell phone). Careful about that last part though. If you disconnect the call, they won't be able to download stuff to the nav. Just let them do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get your Infiniti Connection Fixed. We have been having the same problem since Jan 2017 when they converted from 2g to 3g.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.