Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone here use? I have this apron looking thing that hangs behind the seat and also has a storage compartment. It looks a bit tacky but it works in keeping the back of the seat clean from shoe prints and other wonderful things. I don't remember where I bought it though.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
What does everyone here use? I have this apron looking thing that hangs behind the seat and also has a storage compartment. It looks a bit tacky but it works in keeping the back of the seat clean from shoe prints and other wonderful things. I don't remember where I bought it though.
I require all kids in our cars to take off their shoes. Solves the problem as socks don't make marks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
:eek: I did the same thing. The first day his in the car, shoe marks wer all over. Then he decided to take off his shoes himself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shoes of fthat was the best idea ever !

That would be the easiest solution unless you plan to clean ti 24/7

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thank you Sjyokel, that kept me chuckling all day.

But it raises a topic that's probably beyond a car forum. We had three wild little boys, but we taught them the limits. I didn't count to three if they wouldn't do what we requested, I counted to one, and it was immediate consequences. My kids knew I didn't mess around. We didn't let them sag their pants, wear hats backwards, cuss, etc. But we treated them with respect as we expected respect from them. If asked them to do something unpleasant like pull the weeds in the garden, I would be there with them. We bought them bicycles and ski gear as good as ours. We worked hard, and played hard. Together. They knew they were loved. The results? One is at a top-20 medical school, the second is getting an engineering PhD from an ivy league school, and the third is just finishing up 2 years of volunteer religious work and will return to engineering studies. We think our plan worked. They tell us they think so too.

When they were little, if they got told to not put their feet on something, They didn't do it. Maybe a little more discipline and a little less contingency planning?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Gibbons....I agree with you fully! Hence the shoes off rule in our car. We don't have kids but every time my friends kids are with us, it is understood with no complaining and off come the shoes. If you want to go with us to fun places and do things, then this is what is required. Nothing wrong with teaching kids respect of things, theirs or not. I believe kids do much better with boundries, rather than running amuk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts