Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're (read "my wife is") getting a new JX this week, and we're psyched about it. :) After thinking about the interior color options a bit, we finally decided on the wheat, even though it may show dirt and stains a bit more easily.

Does anybody have experience (good or bad) with carpet protecting products, whether after-market services or self-applied, such as Scotchgard? (I suspect the dealer may offer one of their own.)

Thanks for any advice!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We have the Wheat color and all we've done is put the all weather mats in (still waiting for the WeatherTech mats) and just use good quality leather cleaner on the upholstery. We've had ours since June and the carpet and leather still look new. We haven't put any carpet cleaners on the floor either and have not Scotch Guarded them.

We struggled with the colors. We didn't care for the brownish color and on the last three Nissans, we went with black so the wheat color was our selection. I have to say I really like the color. It doesn't show the dust like the black color does.

Let us know when you pick up your JX. Feel free to post some pictures also.

When you pick up the car, my advice is to spend some real quality time with your salesman and go over every detail. Make sure they help set up the Infiniti Connection and test it and the SOS button before you leave. There are several other postings regarding when picking up your car that you might want to check. Here is a link that might be of interest: http://www.infinitijxforum.com/show...piled-JX-checklist-for-picking-up-new-vehicle

Best wishes and enjoy your new JX.

Bob

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I think if I were buying one with wheat interior, I'd definitely get a can of scotchguard and spray all the floor areas. Also get the all-weather mats. Plus I'd apply some sort of protector to the leather.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The scotchguard spray doesn't last very long on the fabric. You could try but you can still get it muddy. The key is to clean if as soon as you get mud or dirt on it that looks like it'll stain.

Get the weathertech digital fit floor mats. They cover most of the carpet and come in black or wheat/tan. They also look nice in my opinion.

You can get leather protectant but you still have to clean the leather with a leather cleaner at least once a month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts