Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I beg to differ...this has NOT been addressed adequately. There is no discussion on Elite Sch 1 vs Premium and if the extra cost is worth it. When you look at the maintenance schedule, the premium services are only done every 30K miles so in a 108K plan, there are only 3 times these extras will be done as it reads.

I would like to know if the extra costs of premium are worth it. I can crunch numbers too but a lot of these extras shouldn't need to be done until much later in mileage...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maintenance Plan

COOL UR JETS:cool: OK?

This topic has been addressed quite a bit on here:
http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/477-Elite-maintenance-plan

You are the only one who can decide what plan best suits your needs.

If you will PM me your email I will send you a maint plan price list that has the work done for you. Bottom line, it depends on your driving style/habits and what you are comfortable with paying as to what plan to go with.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow, good stuff. Hats off to quickswoosh and ATC4USMC.

Clarification: I would assume this is based off of dealer rate of maintenance vs. independent shops/self-service, correct?

This is what I had done with help from ATC4USMC for calculations on cost for maintenance.
View attachment 213

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow, good stuff. Hats off to quickswoosh and ATC4USMC.

Clarification: I would assume this is based off of dealer rate of maintenance vs. independent shops/self-service, correct?
This was based on ATC4USMC's calculations for maintenance for an M35 for cumulative costs of maintenance.
The price of the service plans were based on the quotes I got from one of the Arizona or New Jersey dealers who sell these plans (I've listed these prices in the other thread).

As you can see the Premium maintenance plan kicks in the savings if you keep the car for a long time and plan to keep it in very good shape (perform additional suggested services and part replacements). Some of the options in the Premium like the wiper blade replacements are nice (Though I wonder if there is a max on that or if you can get it replaced every couple of years).

For the rest of us, the Elite maintenance plan would suffice. I'm hoping I won't go broke within the next few years and won't have to drive this car for over 10 years. I plan to hold on to the JX only for 5 years. I went with the Elite for myself.

I believe the plan is refundable for the unused period. I didn't confirm how the refund is calculated or computed.

I've put out the numbers. Hopefully this clears up things for buyers and not have the dealers confuse us :D
The first thing my dealer told me when I asked for the rate for maintenance plans was : "the number you quoted me is less than what it costs otherwise. How can we sell it below cost". And my response was "Then why would I get a plan?". Its difficult to think in a dealership when they are throwing numbers at you from everywhere. I can't wait for the day when Amazon starts selling cars.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thx for the quick follow-up!

This was based on ATC4USMC's calculations for maintenance for an M35 for cumulative costs of maintenance.
The price of the service plans were based on the quotes I got from one of the Arizona or New Jersey dealers who sell these plans (I've listed these prices in the other thread).

As you can see the Premium maintenance plan kicks in the savings if you keep the car for a long time and plan to keep it in very good shape.
For others, the Elite maintenance plan would suffice. I'm hoping I won't go broke within the next few years and won't have to drive this car for 20 years. So I plan to hold on to the JX only for 5 years. And I went with the Elite for myself.

I believe the plan is refundable for the unused period.

I've put out the numbers. Hopefully this reduces the number of questions rather than have more :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the Premium Maintenance schedule for free after complaining that my JX delivery took way to long. Called customer support and they offered it to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
daysgoneby, did you call them after your JX was delivered or beforehand? Ours is taking close to 2mo longer here in suburban Chicago. What phone# did you call, by chance? thanks....

·
Registered
7 Posts
sfiermon, I had the same question, I got Elite1 96/120k
Heres what Courtney Mutema form Infiniti of Scottsdale emailed me -
"Premium follows your owner's manual under "optional upgrades". Elite1 follows service schedule 1 in your owners manual (oil every 3mo or 3750 miles) and Elite 2 follows service schedule 2 (oil every 6mo or 7500 miles), both Elite 1&2 “meet” the factory requirements and cover the intermediate and major service every 15k and 30k miles. All 3 plans also include $250 per tire towards repairs and replacements if you have a road hazard, they can be transferred or canceled, and used Nationwide at ANY Infiniti dealer."

"Average Labor rates $115-$125 (will vary dealer to dealer)
Average cost for service…varies dealer to dealer and model to model but not by much...
Retail Price
Oil change=$62
Oil change w/ tire balance (minor service)=$203.95
Intermediate service @ 15k, 45k, & 75k=$490.86
Major service @ 30k & 60k=$792.26"

[email protected] (best way to reach her, off wed, thurs)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts