Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my JX yesterday and i was playing around with the lift gate and noticed its still closed even though i stood right under the gate while it was completely opened. Then i tried to open the gate standing right in front of it and it still opened even tho i was blocking the gate from opening. I was under the assumption that the power lift gate was suppose to stop opening/close if something is blocking it. Am i not triggering the sensors or is something wrong with my lift gate. any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's not a sensor based system like the other warning systems (i.e., sonar). It has to physically feel resistance for the internal sensors on the liftgate to trigger. In other words, if you stand behind the liftgate and try to open it while pushing on the gate, it won't open. Similarly, if you propped up a 2x4 under the gate and tried to close it, you could verify it works. I've seen it in action, so I feel some degree of safety with it, but I certainly wouldn't put my kid in the way to make sure it works.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
As pointed out, putting something in the way to stop it, will cause it to reverse. Also, there's a thin rubber gasket down both sides of the gate. If you press on that at all (like if you have a finger in the gate and it starts to close on your finger), it will reverse.

Did you know you can change the default height to which the door opens? To do this:

1 Open the lift gate normally
2 Pull it down to the height you'd like it to open to in the future (low enough for you/your wife/child to reach, low enough to not bang into your garage door, etc.)
3 Press and hold the close button located on the bottom of the lift gate for about 5 seconds. When it beeps, you're done.
4 If you decide this isn't for you, just push it back up to where you want it and press/hold the button again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As pointed out, putting something in the way to stop it, will cause it to reverse. Also, there's a thin rubber gasket down both sides of the gate. If you press on that at all (like if you have a finger in the gate and it starts to close on your finger), it will reverse.

Did you know you can change the default height to which the door opens? To do this:

1 Open the lift gate normally
2 Pull it down to the height you'd like it to open to in the future (low enough for you/your wife/child to reach, low enough to not bang into your garage door, etc.)
3 Press and hold the close button located on the bottom of the lift gate for about 5 seconds. When it beeps, you're done.
4 If you decide this isn't for you, just push it back up to where you want it and press/hold the button again.
Ahhh the rubber gaskets... Thats what I was thinking of! I thought they were sonar/infrared sensors had no idea it was a pressure sensor. Great info for the height adjustment!

·
Registered
3 Posts
my liftgate opens and then immedeately closes. Only way to get it to stay open is to force it up and then it quits. Anyone else have this issue or can suggest a fix?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Are you trying to pull it open, or just letting it open itself? If you try to pull it open, sometimes it will re-close. You need to be a little patient.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my liftgate opens and then immedeately closes. Only way to get it to stay open is to force it up and then it quits. Anyone else have this issue or can suggest a fix?
Had the same problem. Happens about 1 out of 3 tries. Brought it into the dealer the first time (was there for something else) and they were not able to duplicate it or find any errors on the software check. Came back when it didn't go away and it happened in front of them. They adjusted the damper, and ever since then it hasn't happened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Literally had the same problem where it would open and immediately close, I held the liftgate button (on the gate, not in the car) for 5 seconds until I heard two beeps, problem solved. Apparently you can control how high you want the gate to go when it opens, and you can accidentally reset to immediately close... Not an issue, just an odd feature...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts