Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of the new owners noticed that the resolution of the rear view picture or around the vehicle picture is poor. Resolution is definitely poorer
than my mdx when viewing the screen when in reverse (hard to see things):(

·
Registered
289 Posts
I test drove one the other day and the rearview monitor looks fine to me. I also saw movie played in the fron monitor and while it is not HD, it is definitely DVD quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this was in the daytime, the picture quality of the cameras are definitely poorer quality than an acura mdx or bmw.
for 50k, I think they should have spent the money and increase the price of the car. Why skimp? If price was an issue, there are cheaper brands and models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked my other cars and the jx cameras produce some fuzzy images. Too bad there was no option for a larger center monitor with higher resolution cameras...I would have paid for it. A small gripe about an excellent vehicle, I bet in 2 years this issue will be resolved with a vehicle update.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know that the screen on the base model and on the Premium package (with Navi) are different. My base model's screen has lower resolution and the text and graphics look much more pixelated than the Navi model.
Nevertheless, the backup camera image looks reasonable and usable to me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I personally think the resolutionis good enough, especially with the around view, you can see evryting in the sorroundings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just came out of an 11 MDX (Advanced/Tech packages) and compared to it, the JX is Bluray quality. The MDX sucked in my opinion. I have the M hybrid and JX and the cameras are great compared to MDX.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I personally think the resolutionis good enough, especially with the around view, you can see evryting in the sorroundings.
Have to agree with Wheeling. We think the resolution is great on backup camera, around view and dvd. We find them to all be very clear. We do however have the upgraded bose and Nav.with the 8 inch monitor, not 7 inch. Not sure, but I'm thinking maybe the upgraded resolution is better? Other thought is to try to adjust the contrast and see if that helps. Ours looked washed out until we adjusted the brightness and contrast.

·
Registered
86 Posts
While a static picture looks ok, when you're moving it's not very good. It's just not smooth...both nab screen and camera are choppy

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
That doesn't seem right. You may want to take it to the service department to check it out. Our cameras are crystal clear and smooth.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Maybe it's my jx...I'm comparing it to my Lexus from 2006. I assumed it was because the jx used some software to render the 360 degree image. But on navi, when I turn the car, the navi isn't smooth-it's choppy like playing a video game on an outdated computer. Is it just me?

·
Registered
166 Posts
no.... the nav screen moves in increments rather than a smooth movement (comparable to a second hand on a seiko watch to a rolex). My Lexus GX did the same thing as does my wife's 2011 sienna...

·
Registered
321 Posts
OP...just to clarify...is your a base or w/Premium Package? Base has 7" vs. 8"...curious if this would make a difference.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I haven't noticed that mine is not smooth, I use the cameras both in back up and forward parking, it's always smooth to me. BTW, I have the navigation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The back up camera on my JX is junk compared to my old 2009 QX not to mention that it is useless in the rain. The Infiniti designers should be fired!!! Did they not test the thing in the rain to see if it gets wet or say screw it and sell them without a shield???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts