Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 64gb USB stick, which I keep up to date with latest movies and music. Every time car starts it ask me if I wanna play Movie or Music. I wish there was setting where I can select start music by default. I looked hard but couldn't find. So annoying, I want my music to kick in as soon as I start my car.

Another thing which pisses me off is, why the audio system cannot remember the last song and resume it from there when car starts but instead it will start from scratch and plays the first track all over again.

I have like 40+ albums and it's pain to navigate. :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
I tried a USB stick and gave up because it was so slow and awkward. Get an iPod variety just for the car (as much as I dislike buying Apple); it just works, and the music starts within seconds of turning the car on. It doesn't need to scan the iPod like it does the USB stick to find all the music, and it supports any playlists you make as well as artist and album selection.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Similar to the previous post, a number of other users ran into the same problem. One of the better suggestions was to buy an old cheap ipod off craigslist or ebay, then keep it in the center storage box plugged into the USB and Power.

For some reasons Infiniti engineers are unable or unwilling to copy the iPod interface when playing music through USB.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For some reason i am not seeing any issues on this topic. i used the last played option to store my i-Key Memory. So when i get in, the music will start playing from where it was left. I am using USB 3.0 32GB Key

I have to run a PS Script to my music folder to put all the songs under its respective album folder and volla. tune nob will change the music folder as well !!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i think you can set a drive to be music only. i remember seeing that option on my computer before.

if its slow its probably your USB drive. Try 3.0 drives.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought an original ipod touch off ebay for $65, 32GB. The integration of the ipod with the nav system is seamless.... There are no special menus and button response is instantaneous.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also use an old I-pod touch, which has been working very well. I havent used the USB for a memory stick yet, but i will try it since i am trying to download all my Kids movies onto a drive so i don't have to carry/load 7-10 kids movies in the car. it would be great if i could keep a library of movies via USB/Ipod and access them when needed. has anyone done this with either media device?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah if you organize the folders as 'Videos' and ' Audio' then JX has no problem playing it where you stopped. Under Audio folder i have all the albums as subfolders. then use the seek/next or steering wheels control to change the songs and Tune Nob to change the album

·
Registered
209 Posts
i think you can set a drive to be music only. i remember seeing that option on my computer before.

if its slow its probably your USB drive. Try 3.0 drives.
3.0 Drives are useless in the JX for speed because the interface is still 2.0. So you won't notice the speed increase. I'd just an iPod.

Has anyone had any luck w/ a portable HD?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For some reason i am not seeing any issues on this topic. i used the last played option to store my i-Key Memory. So when i get in, the music will start playing from where it was left. I am using USB 3.0 32GB Key

I have to run a PS Script to my music folder to put all the songs under its respective album folder and volla. tune nob will change the music folder as well !!!
Currently I have two primary folders 'Music' and 'Videos'. So do I need to rename the Music folder to Audio?
And how do I set 'last played' option?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Currently I have two primary folders 'Music' and 'Videos'. So do I need to rename the Music folder to Audio?
And how do I set 'last played' option?
I think it should now matter, to test it out, put like 20songs under Music. Remove USB and Reinsert, you should be prompted to Ask to play Music or Video. Click on Music and it should play.

I didnt may extra changes for last played option.

One limit i found was 255 Folders. JX is only able to show total of 255 Folders. Atleast in my case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts