Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i just bought the infiniti jx and was offered some exterior paint/interior leather/rust protection/undercoat package called the platinum shield protection package (which uses First Canadian Protection products) from the dealership for $1450.
I am also considering Ming protection as an alternative.

Has anyone have any experience with the Platinum shield protection package, Ming protection or any other similar vehicle protection package? and is it worth it?
I appreciate any of your thoughts.

thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Personally, I believe that all of this "protection" is nothing more than a massive profit center for dealerships. I live in Wisconsin and much like Canada, our winters are brutal. Unless you don't take care of your vehicle with regular maintenance and washing, I can't see a modern vehicle rusting out in under 10 years. Additionally, I've never had any paint issues with any manufacturer of car that I've owned over the past 20 years. I'd save the money....

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You can get the undercoat sprayed with rustproofing from a professional shop for less than $200. You can protect the exterior paint and interior leather with simple products from the auto shop.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Thanks for the advise. Maybe i'll forgo the platinum shield stuff. But i did hear that the 3M strips are pretty useful.
Totally recommend the 3M!! We've had it on our last three cars and love it and did it on our JX.It really protects better than a bra and makes the bug tar easier to clean off. Just make sure it is the 3M brand as it doesn't yellow like some of the other brands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts