Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a long wait, took delivery of JX-AWD diamond Slate/java, with premium and driver assist, initially had dealer locate one with just premium pkg but after further research and some great advise from forum members forked up the extra $$ for driver assist
(See thread: http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/509-Driver-assistance-pkg-Yay-or-Nay).

Initial observations after about 200 miles:

- Very quite interior (actually super quite compared to 2005 Honda Odyssey it replaced).
- More than adequate power, ultra smooth driver train.
- averaged 23 MPG on a 120 mi 90% highway driving.
- BSW, ICC and DCA work great, I am so glad I changed my order and added drivers assist.
- Seating is very comfortable, access to 3rd row is very good.
- Audio system(premium pkg) is pretty decent, much better than the Bose in my g37x.
- Got a couple of opportunities to see BCI in action, pretty neat.
- Minor quality issues do exist:
* 3 rd row AC vent trim was loose had to snap it back in, no big deal.
* Driver side door seal peeling away in one spot (I think this was pointed out by another member on this forum).
* slight metallic rattle coming from what I think is from the driver seatbelt assembly.

BTW, I highly recommend the dealer I worked with : Circle Infiniti, West Long Branch,NJ.
Send me a PM if you need more details.

·
Registered
71 Posts
congrats! I just picked up my new JX35 as well.

Silver/graphite for me with the premium, driver assistance, and theater packages. I was in the same boat and wanted only the premium initially. However, after doing some reading/research, really wanted the driver assistance!

Only drove it for 50-60 miles so far (in one day) but the drive is better than expected!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
There seems to be a few fitment and quality issues from the factory. Non of them are major but it's worth noticing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There seems to be a few fitment and quality issues from the factory. Non of them are major but it's worth noticing.
I agree. There are some minor issues. Hopefully it doesn't result in rattles and random noises in the future.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Usually with the first batch of cars from the factory there usually are fitment issues and what not, but after the 2nd or 3rd batch the cars are usually flawless at that point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Granted, only 400 mi so far, but I haven't found a complaint yet. With the transmission set to standard mode, I'll admit to not yet having figured out the right way to throttle it at low speeds, but I'm coming from an '07 Explorer V6 (which always felt under-powered to me), so...grain of salt. Anyway, would've preferred only both premium and touring packages...but, this ain't Burger King, can have it my way! Wound up with everything. Yes, everything. Couldn't be more impressed. Drove ML 350, X5, and Q7. Drove the JX last. Hands down winner...easiest decision ever. Hope you enjoy yours!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I also think Infiniti did an excellent joj in design and execute the JX, it is nearly perfect. I have no complains so far.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What constitutes a "batch of cars" in your mind?
I think he means the first thousand that roll off the line have issues, ive been reading on up on the 1199, the fr-s they have some sort of quality issues, same goes for electronics lol

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Congrats to you rvjx!!! You must be so happy. We just can't wait to finally see ours after it's cross country tour of the East Coast. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you very much for the feedback. We have the same Diamond Slate/Java AWD on order here in suburban Chicago. We opted for all packages, including cross rails, which I haven't see any picts posted yet.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Bauce....no idea what company but if I were the dealership, I'd never use them again. The dealership was told our car was picked up weeks ago and only now told us it wasn't, as the transport company had an issue with losing their insurance and then a dui. Who knows what is the true story. The only thing we know is it will be 7 weeks next tues. and I'm praying the car is in one piece by the time it arrives.They told us they were being charged 1500.00.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts