Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a question for those that ordered their JX. Has your sales rep contacted you durning the building process? If so in what week during the build? I ordered mine in the first week of April and have not heard a single thing from my sales rep. I emailed him once and he had no update. Is there a way to track the progress of the build?
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ben,
I can only speak from my experience for my jx but it may not apply to every dealership.
Once ordered it should show in the "in transit" for dealership on the infinti USA website... My dealer called me each week to let me know still on order and of any other new jx they received in case I wanted to look at them instead. Once it was completed being built and being shipped the dealership called and let me know it is shipping/ in transit to them. Hoping to have mine next week at the latest ordered it on April 2.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flagirl, I just checked the website and it didn't show my ordered vehicle. :( I guess I'll email my sales rep again. I hope they ordered it lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I ordered one at the beginin gof the month and have not got much from the dealer either. The sale rep told me he'll have a VIN in the mid of May for me. Isn't that too long?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine is on the way. Once a VIN is assigned, they will also have actual scheduled build date, and projected delivery. I made the deal in early March, got the VIN on 4/14 with a build date of 4/17 which I think happened and it is now on rail to the distribution point. First info said tentative ETA of 5/11 but now I think I will have it around 5/2.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Karlf, a vin is assigned to the vehicle before they start the build? And once they start the build then they have est. on when it will be complete and shipped? I just emailed my rep and he told me that he "just" got word that the vehicle is in production but does not have anymore information other then that. That doesn't sound right from what your saying Karlf. And for some odd reason I would trust a total stranger on the web then a car salesman lol.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I always thought VIN numbers were assigned at the end of the assembly line and would be given to you once its out of the factory. Could be wrong.. But once your VIN is assigned you can track the cars process on the way to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered on March 10 and just picked up today. Once a VIN went through it took about 1-2 weeks until it arrived at the dealer. Hope this helps. You will love the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the actual computer printouts of the dealer inquiries, and yes the VIN is supposedly assigned prior to production which did really surprise me too. It had a build date of 4/17 as per my last post and on a 4/20 inquiry the ETA was marked as "HOLD" which I am told tells them it is built. One other point is all of these inquiries have the vehicle showing our name on the order at the factory. So apparently this notifies the factory that it is a bonified sale and helps speed things up a bit. I'm sure some dealers order in their name so it may not tell the factory it is committed??

Another interesting note is that on that inquiry, it showed both MSRP and dealer invoice as optioned which matched the numbers you can get off Edmunds.com to the dollar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On other note is that my vehicle does not show on the infiniti site as "in transit" to my dealer. This my be because Infiniti knows it is spoken for.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
On other note is that my vehicle does not show on the infiniti site as "in transit" to my dealer. This my be because Infiniti knows it is spoken for.
That's interesting. The last Infiniti I owned did show "in transit".

Nonetheless people are getting their JX's so that's good. Post up how you like them and what you don't.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ordered on March 10 and just picked up today. Once a VIN went through it took about 1-2 weeks until it arrived at the dealer. Hope this helps. You will love the car.
turn over time isn't that bad at all, i hear of manufactures taking weeks to months just to get a car to the customer, but i wont jinx it for all we know some people could be waiting much longer than you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered mine in March. Just arrived at dealer today. I'm in San Diego so train ride is 11 days and then on a truck to local dealer. Dealer kept me apprised of the status (built, on train, on truck, arrived). I'm returning my 2008 G35 lease for this vehicle. I really like my dealer (Kearny Mesa Infiniti). Looked at other brands and stayed with Infiniti because service experience/ownership experience is incredible. My bro-in-law works for BMW, friend works at Lexus. Even they're impressed when I convey my service experience. I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordered mine in March. Just arrived at dealer today. I'm in San Diego so train ride is 11 days and then on a truck to local dealer. Dealer kept me apprised of the status (built, on train, on truck, arrived). I'm returning my 2008 G35 lease for this vehicle. I really like my dealer (Kearny Mesa Infiniti). Looked at other brands and stayed with Infiniti because service experience/ownership experience is incredible. My bro-in-law works for BMW, friend works at Lexus. Even they're impressed when I convey my service experience. I hope it stays that way.
Sjoneshome, was KM Infiniti able to offer you below MSRP?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ben- I just received my jx yesterday it transferred from "in transit" to "on the lot" on Sunday and I picked car up Monday night . You will love the jx when you get it ...it's one sweet ride !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sjoneshome, was KM Infiniti able to offer you below MSRP?
I leased and while I paid full price they didn't hassle me on my old lease mileage (a little over) and a few "excess wear" items. I felt treated fairly. I've said before in another post, I like leasing, but with the JX and a 62% residual I can't comprehend why anyone would purchase...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ben- I just received my jx yesterday it transferred from "in transit" to "on the lot" on Sunday and I picked car up Monday night . You will love the jx when you get it ...it's one sweet ride !
Thanks for the update Flagirl, my rep still has no new information for me and I don't see it in the "in transit" either. But he says it's in the building process. Oh and are you leasing or financing? If you don't mind did you get a good deal on it?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts