Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about the features in the Driver Assistance Package and I'm curious what owners think about it. On our EX35 we have the Intelligent Cruise Control which is a great feature, however, we seldom use it due to our short-distance driving habits. What about the other safety features? As an owner do you like the features on this package? Was it worth the extra $2K?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've been reading about the features in the Driver Assistance Package and I'm curious what owners think about it. On our EX35 we have the Intelligent Cruise Control which is a great feature, however, we seldom use it due to our short-distance driving habits. What about the other safety features? As an owner do you like the features on this package? Was it worth the extra $2K?
We loaded the car up and really wanted the Driver's Assistance package. Now that we've put over 7,000 miles on it and know how the features work, I really would be kicking myself if we didn't have them. I use all the features and am spoiled. I like the safety aspect and feel confident in the technology. $2,000 over the life of the loan isn't much. I don't know if you could even add the features at a later date. Knowing what the Pathfinder is equipped with, although I like what I see in it, I'm glad we purchased the JX. You get a lot for the money on this package? I'm so used to the DA package that I have to pay more attention when driving my other vehicles since they don't have any of the features.

Do yourself a favor and drive a JX with and without the DA package and really test out the features. From what I can tell, you can't get some of these features on the competitor vehicles. The price point on the JX as compared to the competition is also pretty good.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Features are totally worth it! I originally wanted a new Pathfinder or a JX WITHOUT the DA package..............then my wife was like, that is stupid, we want that stuff...........now that I have it, I LOVE IT!!!!! Great features that I use quite often, especially the I-Cruise and the BSW.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really like the features in the DAP. The Intelligent Cruise is well worth the price of the package. Backup Collision Intervention is also awesome. The Lane Departure Warning is a little too sensitive, but it works, as does the the intervention feature. Blind Spot Warning will be required on every car soon and it should - it really stops accidents. The intervention feature on that works well too. Distance Control Assistance is useful, but a bit too aggressive. That said, if you are stuck in stop and go traffic, it just might save you from rear ending the guy in front of you. I wish there was a more convenient way to just turn it on and off like BCI, but there really isn't. You can turn LDP, BSI and DCA on all together or all off together, but not one at a time, unless you want to just single out DCA and not use LDP and BSI.

Oh and by the way, you have to learn all the 3 letter acronyms or you will be totally lost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of the input. We've changed our minds and added the DAP to our order. We don't have a VIN number yet so the system is telling us December.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts