Infiniti JX Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its been 3 months since we purchased the JX, but it has only about 1500 miles on it. Is it still recommended to do the oil change now or wait for 3750 miles?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You don't have to absolutely wait for 4000 miles. I'd drive on it till around 2500 miles and change it. Give it some more time. I changed my oil at 3000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since it is not synthetic oil, was concerned if the oil will start degrading after 3 months. I think by the time I hit 2500 miles, it could be 5 or 6 months. No issues if I have to wait that long right?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Since it is not synthetic oil, was concerned if the oil will start degrading after 3 months. I think by the time I hit 2500 miles, it could be 5 or 6 months. No issues if I have to wait that long right?
Could be no issues but you can never go wrong with changing your oil before. I would just keep an eye on the oil although it should be good up until the first oil change interval.

Remember, oil is the life of your vehicle!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hmm... On our 2011 Toyota Camry, it states 5000 miles for conventional oil, and 10,000 for synthetic. Since we have the SE w/ the bigger V6 on that car, it's the conventional oil. Those w/ the 4 cyl. use the synthetic as std. oil and change every 10k.

The first couple on the JX we'll do around 3500, the rest I'm looking at about 5k.

Any more and I'd feel like we're just shelling out extra cash as a tax for owning an Infiniti. Wonder what the recommendations are on the mallfinder?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts