Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently bought the JX, i drive JX on family trips only thus didn't reach the 3750 miles / 6000 Km in 3 months. I have about 1200 km on my JX and getting close to 3 months mark. Do i have to change the oil at 3 months or can i wait little longer to change the oil. My inetention is do oil change every 6 months regardless of the mileage. can somebody advice me on this. I really appreciate you help in this regard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Depends on how and where you drive. You should always go by mileage unless you don't drive enough to make it to one service interval per year then you should change it onec a year. The mileage is more important than time. The severe service requirements from Infiniti is 3750 miles. THe normal service interval that 99% of all owners fall into is 7500 miles. It is written in your owners manual. Some on the site will tell you that everybody should change the oil at 3750 regardless but this is not what the manufacturer says or the rest of the auto industry. All brands are increasing their oil change intervals up to 7500 and I think honda just went up to 10000. Even on conventional oil it will be fine as long as you fall under the normal driving habits, again the manual defines the requirements. I have done this with all of my cars and never had a problem or any buildup or sludge. This is what the manufacturer wants and keeps you under warranty. If the dealer says it has to be done at 3750 they are not telling the truth and trying to sell you more unnecessary services.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Miki for your input, the essence of it i don't have to do the service simply because i bought the car 3 months ago, so i should be fine if i do the service once in 6 months or so. Can other comment/share their experience as well

·
Registered
42 Posts
You are correct. The only time you would base your services on time and not mileage is if you did not get to 3750 miles for example in one year then you should probably do it anyway. There would be no reason to change it at 3 or 6 months

1 - 4 of 4 Posts