Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many original owners or those that lease their JX have a few miles on their car. I'm curious to see what those with higher milage on the car have experienced.

I'm at 32,000 virtually trouble free miles. I don't have any rattles (other than very minor dash noise while on rough pavement). Plenty of power still and the fit and finish is still pretty nice. Whats your experience?

·
Registered
524 Posts
~41K bought new in 2012.

Getting about 22.4 on regular gas (not premium). The only problem I've had was a rattling rear door. The dealership was able to resolve the problem after about 5 or 6 visits, otherwise it's been problem free.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm at 27k now, had a few issues that were addressed by warranty (repaint hatch/rust, driver door handle chrome corrosion). Overall the JX is nice, the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I'm thankful for the technology and sensors, etc.. Makes it easier to park, back up, not crash into a dude in my blind spot, etc..

Mileage is 18.3 on avg. Pretty consistent, we do mostly suburban driving (i.e. to daycare, to dinner, to sports, etc.).

Handling on snow is only so-so, not much better than my fwd Camry in all reality. With more than an inch or 2 on the roads I have to kick it into "snow" mode. Braking is poor in snow/ice conditions, but now I'm somewhat used to it and can compensate. Though I'm coming off a Hummer H3 which I drove through 2 feet of snow once before the plows made it in the neighborhood, and over 5 ft. snow banks for fun.

We're planning on keeping the JX for a while (have 8yr/100k ext. warranty), it's a great vehicle overall. Next time around though, I'm leaning more towards the bigger QX80.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bought 2013 and 22K now .. No issues except Driver side rattle under door during highway speeds .. currently vehicle is in garage for second time. if anyone has any tips so can pass to Mechanic let me know .

·
Registered
8 Posts
2013 JX35 AWD. 23000 miles. overall great vehicle. average 18-20 in town and 23 highway. several trips from new mexico to VA, CA, CO. No engine or transmission issues. minor interior issue with sun visors. dealer replaced both sides. still have a air leak upper right windshield that they cannot figure out, they hear it just can't get rid of it. next step they will replace the whole thing. overall 9 for this vehicle. would buy again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bought 2013 and 22K now .. No issues except Driver side rattle under door during highway speeds .. currently vehicle is in garage for second time. if anyone has any tips so can pass to Mechanic let me know .
Finally able to fix the rattle issue. Actually the rattle came from a loose windshield moulding on the driver side. Kudos to Mech at 401 Dixie Infiniti for taking a lot of time and patience to pin point the issue and able to fix it !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just about to hit 90,000. Bought new in July 2012. Been a great car. Still on original Michelins; just about to replace them but am surprised I was able to push 90k on them. Change the oil every 10k with Castrol Advanced synthetic and a Fram ultra guard. Both are guaranteed for 15k so figure I'm safe at 10k intervals (we shall see). Other than a couple air filters I've just driven it. Will probably need a brake flush and some rear pads at 100k. Haven't serviced the cvt given they say it's sealed and not too... We shall see how long it lasts.... Keeping my fingers crossed on the cvt!

MPG is about 24/26 on hwy about 20 in town and ~22.5 over life of the vehicle. It is the AWD model. Fantastic in snow mode, really does a good job preventing slippage on acceleration.

I've made a couple mods to it: put a speed sensor bypass in so we can operate nav and wife can watch movies on front screen while moving; disengaged the terrible hatch beeper so now it is nice and silent.

Planning to push 200k on it and so far a very good rig that is cheap on maintenance, very reliable and durable. Highly recommend one to anybody looking. Will post further updates as more miles are added or anything material develops..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts