Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting at the dealer now for the second time in a month and both times with major malfunctions. First time, the check engine light came on and stayed on. while Infiniti Connection is an interesting concept, it texts and emails you each and every time it detects a malfunctions. I got a good 40-50 texts from the car. Turns out that the issue was a faulty O2 sensor. Took 3 days to fix.

Today, driving to work and every warning light possible comes on and the JX nearly stalls. Pulled over, shut it off and restarted and check engine light is on. HIt the gas, all lights turn on and says 'Maufunction Detected'. Of course, my phone goes nuts with texts and emails. I dont get far and it stalls again. This happened about 6 times between my house and the dealer which is about 2 miles. I think this is more failed sensors as it feels like very little fuel is flowing.

Needless to say it is extremely frustrating and we will see what happens next. The vehicle has less than 2500 miles.

·
Registered
321 Posts
^We are guinea pig for first year/brand spanking new models.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Interesting. I believe you got a lemon. You should press for another car. If the car has so many problems there is likely something very wrong with it.

Take those lemons and go make some lemonade!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry for your trouble. I would not be impressed either.... Mine has been flawless for 3500 miles.

Keep us up on the resolution though... wish you the best.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
If you have a lemon law in your state, I'd be reviewing it. Has your dealership been good to work with and are they providing you with a loaner. Sorry to hear the issues you are exepriencing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update, 3 hours later and they say it a connection issue with the throttle body and some other component. They want to keep it overnight to 'test' it with no real explanation. I do feel like a guinea pig and am looking up the lemon laws for the State of Texas. I love the vehicle but this is unreal. Have a 7 week old baby and it feels very unsafe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, after all that, its a lemon. You've got a strong case for replacement car! Good luck!

Also, where in TX are you? I'm in DFW and am considering making a purchase, but stories like this scare me away!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yeah, after all that, its a lemon. You've got a strong case for replacement car! Good luck!

Also, where in TX are you? I'm in DFW and am considering making a purchase, but stories like this scare me away!
With all cars there will be the one or two that are lemons. I don't think this is a good example of how the JX's reliability is.

·
Registered
321 Posts
^True tat.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sorry to hear about the poor experience so far. I would be upset too. Mine has been great for about 3000 miles now. Well, I guess we do have one issue. Someone hit our rear bumper while it was parked in a shopping center lot. Now it has 2 significant scratches above our tow hitch.

Why couldn't Infiniti come up with technology to prevent others from hitting the JX while it's parked?

·
Registered
8 Posts
bummer, sorry to hear about your problem.

The dealer should have given you a different car to drive while yours is being fixed. You didn't mention anything about that.

let's hope they figure it out and that you can use and enjoy the car and forget about this!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Sorry to hear about the poor experience so far. I would be upset too. Mine has been great for about 3000 miles now. Well, I guess we do have one issue. Someone hit our rear bumper while it was parked in a shopping center lot. Now it has 2 significant scratches above our tow hitch.

Why couldn't Infiniti come up with technology to prevent others from hitting the JX while it's parked?
Oh so sorry...it's always horrible to get the first scratch!! Wouldn't it be nice for a shield to be around the car when parked?! :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just call or email Infiniti Corporate Customer Service. They'll work with you (if the dealer is giving you the run around).
I had called in about a minor problem. And the guy suggested that I should allow the dealer to work with me and if the dealer is not able to rectify the problem, then they'd help me find another dealer who would help me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So an update to my JX. The finding on the last shop visit was that the vehicle was in service for 6 days and it ended up being a lose pin connection in the throttle control. 4 days later and the check engine light is on AGAIN and I am taking it back in this afternoon. I have told the dealership I want to speak to the GM and GSM as this car is a lemon for sure. Each time it has been an electrical issue of some sort and the car is reliable and I am worried about the dafety of my family. We have a 2 month old that we cart around in this JX and it feels unpredictable and unreliable. Will update what the dealership does but not sure how they can defend it at this point. I will never buy another first year model car. Infiniti knows very little about this car and I dont have the time or patience to continue to be a test subject. More soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I am in Houston and purchased from Infiniti North Houston. Staff there is fantastic. Salesman is hand-holding this which actually makes it bearable. They readily give me a loaner and last time gave me a QX since we have an infant and needed an SUV. My salesman is Andrew and the best I have ever worked with by far. His wife is also the service manager so that link helps as well :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
There might be a certain period of time after which any lemon laws cannot be used (15 days, 30 days, etc).
Ours have reached 4800 miles. Except for a door misalignment issue (which was only noticeable) from the sound the door closes (this was corrected by the dealer when we went for the first service), we haven't had any problems till now. Just get another car from them.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Sucks that you're having problems.

Hasn't your salesperson shown you how to set which alerts you get? Go to infiniticonnection.com and log in (or go here directly: https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowners/ ). Once in, go to the settings and uncheck all but the alerts you want to receive.

I hope they fix the problems for you. Glad to hear you're getting good service at least. Good to know you get what you pay for in that respect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts