Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owned the JX for 1 month now. Just noticed that every time I shut off the engine, there is wierd noise from the driver side under the hood. Did some research on google. It seems lots of cars (different brands) have the same issue (but not my old Acura EL). People talk about the noise is due to heat shield, power steering, or even timing chain. Anyone ever heard the noise from you JX? any suggest what causes it? Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can you make this happen for the dealer? If so, take it to them, they will take good care of you and your car, and they should be able to identify the source.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The JX has a transverse mounted engine and as such does not have mechanical (crank-driven) fan. The noise you are hearing is the electric fans. Sounds similar to a turbine spooling down!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went Dealer. They say the rattle is competely normal, as it's due to the exhaust heat shield. Most of the new cars after 2010 use new shield which prevents rust but make some noises. They even showed me another vehiles, it made the same noise as well. Anyone noticed the rattle from your JX?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts