Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up JX Friday as ordered. Last night electronics went grey. The only item on the display was/is the climate temp and fan speed. Stopped and started several times (reboot) the vehicle and all I get is Infiniti Logo for 30 to 45 seconds and then nothing. Drove it for 45 minutes with multiple stops and all of a sudden, Maps and XM came on. Parked car last night and this morning, back to grey. Called infiniti but they are not up on the East Coast at 8 AM... Has this happened to anyone on this forum?

:(

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Just picked up JX Friday as ordered. Last night electronics went grey. The only item on the display was/is the climate temp and fan speed. Stopped and started several times (reboot) the vehicle and all I get is Infiniti Logo for 30 to 45 seconds and then nothing. Drove it for 45 minutes with multiple stops and all of a sudden, Maps and XM came on. Parked car last night and this morning, back to grey. Called infiniti but they are not up on the East Coast at 8 AM... Has this happened to anyone on this forum?

:(
I haven't heard this one on the forum yet. When I picked up mine, I had to adjust the screen brightness controls on the dash behind the steering wheel and on the navigation screen. If you haven't tried that, do so. If it continues to be a problem then its time for the dealership to check it out. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I found a few issues via a google search dealing with the NAV system having a conflict in starting due to cell phone. Dealer confirmed issue. Turned off cell phone, climbed in and all is well. There is one on this forum that was almost identical to what I was seeing...or not seeing!
http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthread.php/1541-JX-Audio-Navigation-System-Goes-Crazy

UPDATE: Simple, but annoying, work around. Before starting car, set phone to airplane mode. (This turns off all cellular and bluetooth). Start car, once NAV system starts up, switch Airplane mode off.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I sure hope they release a patch to fix this issue -- I know if I had to do your work around everyday, it would drive me crazy...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts