Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my JX on 01/05 for my family with two small kids. I have a Chrysler Sebring 2005 sedan and this is our second car. Did a lot of research and comparison and found it worth the money. I'm the first JX owner in my entire community of 400 houses.

Bought the car fully loaded with all packages. Had to compromise Java with Graphite leather since it was sold out.

- Premium
- Deluxe Touring
- Technology
- Entertainment

Accessories:

- Roof Rails
- Bumper Protection Package
- Illuminated Kick Plates
- Splash Guards

Paid 51K + taxes... is this a good deal?

Love the technology package which comes along with all the tech safety features. Have been testing the features on the highway and local roads and it works as a charm.
Kids love the full panoramic moon shades (though it fell short of my expectations as I expected it to be bigger than what it is).

Not a big fan of entertainment package for the following reasons:

The single DVD changer is a bummer for the price paid for the entertainment package but not a big deal.
Would have been ideal if we were allowed to play DVD and USB separately on two screens.

DSC_6465.jpg

Thank you all for sharing your experience and lending great support for the new owners!

More on my JX experience in the coming days...

·
Registered
524 Posts
"Is this a good deal?" Seems like it. You unfortunately were a victim of Infiniti's money-grab when they jumped MSRP late last year, but took advantage of excess supply (paying below MSRP). Last summer it was hard to get the JX $500 below sticker.

Welcome to the JX family. I was the first in my neighborhood to have the JX, but I quickly started noticing others around town. Dallas has three dealerships so I'm assuming this is a big Infiniti market. It's definitely becoming more common.

I have the same vehicle as yours, except dark-gray outside, and I'm enjoying it more over time.

I'm curious to see the sales results and how the JX compares against the G. I'm guessing the G still has total volume lead, but the JX is 2nd in their lineup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats! And yes you got a great price so maybe be thankful you didn't go for the Java. They seem hard to find and I got the loaded black one with java from the same dealer a week before you. It got delivered that day at 1pm and several people were looking at it. The best I could do was 53.5 and I bought it that night after being there for hours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sinecure. I went into the settings mode and couldn't select DVD and USB independently for the L & R screens. The only option I could find was to play USB and AUX on different screens. Let me know if I'm missing something

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Yeller! I think a lot of cars were sold over the year end. I could see at least 1-2 JX on the road whenever I take the car out now-a-days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Garnoch - man, now I know who beat me on the Black/Java JX!! I was there on the same day (Friday 12/28) in the evening around 4 PM. I thought I was not getting a good deal and walked out. Called the dealer again around 6 PM only to know that the car was sold!! The dealer called me again on Monday (12/31) about this Black/Graphite. I got the VPP price and on top of that got the dealer to install the accessories which did not come along + 1000 dollars rebate for using IFS. Got a two year free maintenance as well.

We should meet sometimes. Does anyone know of JX meets happening around the tri-state area?

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's unbelievable, yep that's the date I bought it alright! I heard there was a third person too. I had a heck of a time getting the price down as much as I did. We knew we'd have a hard time with the Java though, but it was one thing we really wanted even if we had to order it - and I wanted the crossbars, so after a lot of back and forth, we finally pulled the trigger. Being java wasn't a deal breaker for you, you definitely made out so I'm sure you're thrilled. Congrats and I hope you like it. We've been loving ours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts