Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 months ago my wife bought a new QX60. Everything about it is very nice but we both have 1 huge problem. In any turn it feels like it is about to roll over. Dangerous is the only thing I can call it. Worst body roll I have ever felt in my life. If a road has a sign showing to slow to a certain speed in a curve you had better slow to that speed or you might seriously roll it over. Seriously on any twisty road it feels like its going to tip over constantly.

I felt it bad a couple times while riding with her. Then I drove it this past friday for the first time coming back from virginia beach. It is fine on straight roads but make any kind of turn what so ever and it feels like it is about to just tip over. Even my wife was warning me to slow down on off ramps. I asked her "do you actually feel that this is acceptable and safe?" and she said no she will likely get rid of it in a year or so.

Everything else about it is fine from the mpg to the smooth quiet ride but it has a major flaw in the suspension making it tippy. My Avalanche dwarfs it and I can run circles around her QX60 and not feel like it is about to tip over on its side. If I were a betting man I bet in the next year she gets rid of it for this very issue. Something will happen that makes her do an evasive maneuver and it will scare her and the next day it will be gone.

Anybody else feel the same way or is something wrong with hers? It feels as if it has no sway bars at all.

·
Registered
524 Posts
No issues like the one you described. Take another QX for a test drive, if it feels different than tell the dealership to fix your vehicle.

That's the benefit of having a new car. If you don't think something is working right, walk up to another on the lot, point at it, and say "make mine work like that one".

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I'm at 30,000 miles and never had a problem with excessive body roll. Its not a sports car, but it handles very well considering its size. We took a trip through Oregon to the California coast to Sea Ranch with a full load of luggage and four adults. The car handled exceptional on those very windy roads.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've got 47K miles and drive my JX like its a BMW... No issues with body roll at all. Coming from a Lexus GX470 which I also drove hard, the JX corners much more like a car than the Lexus ever did.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts