Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I started seeing some unusual behavior on my Nav screen. The screen was continuously showing my cell phone was connected (going on and off every few minutes). Today, I noticed several screen menu items not responding to the select wheel or touch screen. Since this is the first problem I've noticed with the car, its going in Monday for service. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I havn't experienced the same problems as you, just random "making a call" connections when the bluetooth is connecting.

Let us know what the dealership says.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a similar problem to what I've seen. I did find out one issue that was causing problems. Two weeks ago I switched out cell phones for the new Sony Xperia. I removed the old phone from the system and that started a problem with the phone constantly trying to connect. It was a real pain. I went to T-Mobile and they gave me some suggestions such as dumping all the BluTooth devices and starting all over with the connecting process. While doing so, I noticed my old phone showing on the new phone and couldn't get rid of it. I renamed my new phone and it didn't make a difference. Couldn't find a way to eliminate the old phone that was showing on my new phone and figured that might be the problem. As I started the searching for new device process with the phone and JX, I noticed someone else's NUVI showing up. I moved the car to another location and noticed the NUVI disappeared. I then went back into the Car's settings and found the old phone still showing up after I deleted it. I re-named it to Xperia and that dumped the old phone out of the JX's BluTooth system and it disappeared from my phone. I was then able to seamlessly connect the Xperia to the JX and download my cell phone's contact list. It works perfect now.

Still having a few boogiemen items on the Navigation so I'm hoping the Dealership will be able to trouble shoot, send the patch, etc. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you for the link Mayoo. Good scoop!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the JX in today for a full day's visit. Of course, the navigation and BluTooth worked perfect. Go figure? I did check out the Infiniti BluTooth page to see if my phone was compatible and it is with the exception of some features that I never use (video steaming). There is a gaggle of phones out there that don't play well with Infiniti however.

The dealership representative told me that they have seen a lot of unhappy customers coming in with BluTooth issues lately. The industry is moving so fast with technical changes that it may be difficult for the suppliers of these nice Nav and Stereo systems to keep up with existing vehicle systems. My advice to those getting ready to upgrade their phone is to look at Infiniti's website for phone compatibility.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have been seeing strange behavior with the navi system. Driving down the road, and the system resets itself, has happen twice in a month now. in addition, the time keeps losing current time, and switches zones. anyone else seen this occur.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds like a bad connection. Time to take it to the dealership. Let us know what the outcome is.

My unit is very stable now. I just programmed a round trip to the east coast on the Journey Planner and it took the entire plan of approximately 10,000 miles and is working as designed. Crossing my fingers. I'm sure it had something to do with the new cell phone set up.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
tmgparsons,

By any chance are you using two different keys in the car? Keep in mind that vehicle settings are tied to individual keys. That would explain the time/time zone thing. If it is randomly rebooting though, that sounds like a loose connection somewhere. As Bob suggests, dealer may be best route for resolution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts