Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the opportunity to take a 750 mile trip in my JX that I purchased in February. I was very dissappointed in the Navigation System. It took me out of my way about 75 miles to my destination on the way going. I brought my $179 portable Garmin and used it on the way back. It took me on the routed that I thought was best. The factory nav didn't even recognize the state highway that I was traveling. Everything else was good. Gas mileage averaged 22.5 mpg.

·
Registered
209 Posts
heavy traffic on the way there for the reroute? I've had my garmin take me to surface streets to avoid traffic on the highway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I am aware of. The route that I wanted to take would have been the least congested.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
The next time you plan a long trip, try the Journey Planning tool to plot your trip and then send it to the Navigation. I use this on every trip and it works great.

·
Registered
289 Posts
it also depends on how you set up your priorities in the navigation. I have used the gavigation to very rural areas and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can anyone tell me what page in the Nav Owners Manual I can find the Journey Planning Tool and the Gavigation Priority. I am having no luck finding them and both sound very useful. My biggest problem I have with the nav is if I deviate from route it will constantly try to take me back to route and not to the destination. It wants to take me 50 miles back to route and not 5 miles to the destination.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just finished an 800 mile trip south and used the nav extensively. I started the trip with a fairly poor appreciation of the nav unit, but by the end of the trip, really appreciated it.

One of the best features was the ability to add waypoints mid-way through the road trips. For example, we needed to get allergy medicine for my child, so I searched for walmart near a city that was on the route, added the waypoint, and recalculated the route.

I ended up adding and deleting 7 waypoints throughout the trip, and it's flexibility, search, etc... ended up being easier than I originally thought. I have to admit that I also used the nav-bypass extensively when adding waypoints since my wife was in back playing with my boy.

I keep wanting Waze-style simplicity and integration, but that'll have to wait.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can anyone tell me what page in the Nav Owners Manual I can find the Journey Planning Tool and the Gavigation Priority. I am having no luck finding them and both sound very useful. My biggest problem I have with the nav is if I deviate from route it will constantly try to take me back to route and not to the destination. It wants to take me 50 miles back to route and not 5 miles to the destination.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts