Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the navigation map version you have it in the vehicle. Seems pretty old map for a 2013 vehicle. Mine has Map 2011-2012-No 1. Any body have a updated map in the vehicle? Bough upadted map (provide me the version)

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I just checked the Infiniti website and they haven't updated it since the car came out. Its very similar to the one we had in our 2010 Armada. We are currently on a cross country trip and have used it extensively. Just wish they included better Toll Road details. I know you can select Minimize Toll Roads, but you still run into them. In our part of the country (Pacific Northwest), you get a warning that the selected route includes Toll Roads. Have't heard that yet in the Midwest, east and south. Overall, it got us where we needed to go (and sometimes a bit out of the way).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to the Navigation Map company (separate company providing map for infiniti vehicles) they said they have update map which was released on March 2013. Does anybody have a updated map? specially with QX60?

·
Registered
524 Posts
if you have the 2011-2012 version then I'm assuming the data is from 2010. I just got a flier saying there is a new version out, something to consider. I typically wait a 3 years before upgrading.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I'm hoping the next edition has additional information regarding toll roads and all the new construction throughout the country. I found that the road work areas were covered very well on the navigation throughout our cross country trip. There were a few errors like "take highway xyz north", when actually the sign said south. Hope they fixed those mistakes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
INFINITI NAVIGATION SYSTEM X9 DVD YEAR 2014 FOR U.S. AND CANADA

FEATURES

Just Released!

Purchase the 2014 map update for the new, low promotional price of $129 by November 30th!

Get accurate directions to wherever you travel with new roads, new sub-divisions, and current addresses. New and expanded coverage in over 50 cities, counties and metropolitan areas across the continental United States and Canada. You can confidently drive through unfamiliar or recently changed areas. This latest edition provides an updated list of points of interest and can help you find the way to where you want to go quickly and efficiently. Get trusted ratings, reviews and pricing for nearby restaurants with the Zagat® Restaurant Guide.

Your shipment will include a total of 5 DVDs.

Your navigation system Unit ID is needed in order to purchase a map update. Click here for assistance in locating this number.

COMPATIBILITY

EX 2010 - 2013
FX 2010 - 2013
G Coupe 2010 - 2013
G Sedan 2010 - 2013
G Convertible 2010 - 2013
JX 2013
M 2011 - 2013
QX56 2011 - 2013

IN THE BOX

5 DVDs
1 User Guide

$179.00
$ 129.00
ADD TO CART

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
BobOB,
Program did route me onto the new Triangle Tollway in the Raleigh Durham North Carolina area without warning me that it was a tollway.
However I do allow for tollway use in my navigation preferences since I live in Illinois and (sadly) tollways is how we roll there.
I had a feeling they didn't update everything. I get warned when in my neck of the woods regarding tolls, but didn't have any notifications anywhere else in the country. On a side note, I am astounded that most states on the east coast and mid-west have toll roads, but yet not all states participate in the EazyPass. Thanks for the update. By the way, do you think it was worth updating to this version at this time? I've usually waited for two to three years to update my navigation units.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts